Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 12:28:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I would pay them a little visit over that, Jay and Silent Bob style.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:33:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
lostcamera.blogspot.com/2006/02/camera-unlost-but-not-quite-found.html

total lack of morals.

Well, they were Canadian.....
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#4]
morally wrong? perhaps.  illegal? no.  were those people assholes? yes.  if they wanted to play "finders-keepers", they never should have reported that they found the camera in the first place.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#5]
they're total scum...I wouldn't be surprised if they stole it rather than "finding" it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#6]
The only way the camera is going to be returned is after it is "accidentally" dropped.
They are total scum, I know absolutely no one that would keep found property if the original owner was found.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Unbelievable.

I'd call the police. If that didn't work, I'd Wenzel their asses.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
morally wrong? perhaps.  illegal? no.  were those people assholes? yes.  if they wanted to play "finders-keepers", they never should have reported that they found the camera in the first place.

Perhaps? Perhaps??? I don't know what to say....
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#10]
What those fucks did was far worse than just keeping what they knew wasn't theirs.  What they did was tantamount to rubbing it in.  I would make it my mission in life to find them and tell everyone who knows them what they did.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#11]
In the age of the internet, you could make such people's lives miserable if you have some people in their area willing to help you out.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My brother-in-law lost his wallet at the Elizabeth Park Marina.  A day later, a female called him and said she and her boyfriend found it.  He was relieved and asked where he could meet them.  She then went on to say they wouldn't be returning it unless there was a significant reward paid at the time of the exchange.  Of course, his initial reaction was an angry outburst but after a minute or so, an idea popped into his head.  He told them that he would give them what they wanted - that he just wanted his wallet and contents returned.  

This story is second hand but as I recall, he told her he would call her back in a day or so after he got back in town (he said he was about to leave on a short, work-related trip) and had the chance to stop by the bank to withdrawal the required funds.  She & her dirtbag boyfriend were satisfied with that arrangement.

He called the police, told them the deal, had an officer (or detective) listen in on the return call, duped her into repeating the demands, and went to meet them.  The police were waiting, saw the money and wallet change hands, and arrested the two criminals.

Since this was told to me and not witnessed, my recount of the details may not be 100% accurate but as far as I know, that's how it all went down.  He got his wallet back and they went to jail.  

that's extortion dumbshits
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What those fucks did was far worse than just keeping what they knew wasn't theirs.  What they did was tantamount to rubbing it in.  I would make it my mission in life to find them and tell everyone who knows them what they did.

sending them a big huge box of shit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top