Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 8:09:35 AM EDT
So.... my googling tells me thats pretty high.

She's had trouble with it in the past, and she has a whole in her heart (not sure where, but its between two of the chambers.. most people with this condition get it fixed at birth but nobody took her in and they didn't know it until about a year or so ago).

Anyway... I try to help her but she doesn't sleep well and she eats like ****. I try to help her by getting her to eat healthy and sometimes she takes offense to it and tells me to mind my own business.

We've been together for five years, so this isn't just a little fling, and the way she treats it it's like she thinks the doctors are stupid and just want her money (even though she's a nurses aid).

Now, IMO, I should be trying to take more control of her situation because quite frankly, she doesn't have very good self control when it comes to dieting and I think at this stage she needs my help.

I try to do the diet together thing (I could stand to loose about 15 or 20 pounds but am in pretty good health other than that (yes, I've had my BP checked, twice in the last week). She does get hostile but she really does need some help.

So... any opinions or words of advice?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:50:17 AM EDT
[#1]
That BP is way too high....ideally it should be anything under 120/80 with a "perfect" being 110/70. If she is hypertensive all she has to do is take a script which i'm sure a dr. will give her and just chill out. Why she's getting so hostile about it is beyond me. It's something that can be easily corrected if she just cooperates. And btw I'm a Certified Medical Assistant so I do have some knowledge about this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top