Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2001 9:18:57 PM EDT
I'll be visiting the Moosehead Lake area the first week of Sept.
A friend is offering a cabin on the water.
I've already been to Sebago and Fox Lakes.
Is Moosehead more of the same, tourist attraction. Moosehead is VERY FAR north, so I doubt it.
I wouldn't like to just see more of the same for my last vacation trip of the summer.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 6:05:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone here from Maine?
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 6:18:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I was a Maineiac for quite a while but never went up to Moosehead. One thing I noticed is that tourists, especially those from "the big city," love the lakes - as long as they're not too far from 20-screen movie theaters, shopping malls, etc. I guess you can take the yuppie out of the city but you can't take the city out of the yuppie [:D] Anyway, I don't think you'll have to worry about typical tourists up there - just make sure to bring the best bug repellent you can find, and at least twice as much as you think you'll need LOL.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:16:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Haven't been up there for alot years.I would imagine if you were to go early in the season or in the fall you would have less of the tourist to deal with.[V]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top