Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 1:21:49 PM EDT
I was curious why they do that.

Only time we rolled up our pant leg was for us to not get our pant leg stuck in the sprocket of our bikes back in the olden days.

They aren't on bikes, so what the hell is the signifigance?

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#1]
They might be fixin to steel dem one doh.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought they rolled up one leg or the other depending on which gang they were "representin"
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:25:42 PM EDT
[#3]
they have drugs for sell.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#4]
They didn't do this when bell bottoms were all the rage. Solution? Bring back bell bottoms!

I'm here to help.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#5]
so their dawgs don't piss on their jeans ???
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They didn't do this when bell bottoms were all the rage. Solution? Bring back bell bottoms!

I'm here to help.

they should.

back in the olden days you could tell a hood caue he wore dickys. Now every subirban kid from here to portland maine is sporting dickies and beanie caps.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
they have drugs for sell.

This is what we were told when I taught in a kinda rough urban school.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Make it easier for color-blind racists to pick targets.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#9]
one side means "i have drugs to sell"

the other side means "I want to buy drugs"

I learned this the other day by asking one of my friends who was able to escape the ghetto and go to college on a full scholarship. Ah college, where else do yuppies get to learn about the ways of poor people?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#10]
It is/was a symbolic act to show that the person doesn't have a gun in an ankle holster.

Pant leg up = not a undercover cop.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I learned this the other day by asking one of my friends who was able to escape the ghetto and go to college on a full scholarship. Ah college, where else do yuppies get to learn about the ways of poor people trash?

Let's not confuse people who don't have money with people who are scum.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Each full roll represents a time they spunked on Pam Anderson. The left leg means the face, the right leg means the funbags.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#13]
gang sign?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#14]
It's to show if they are with the "Folk" or the "People" IIRC
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:44:40 PM EDT
[#15]
A friend of mine used to run a video arcade in an area not too far from 'da hood'.
They had a dress code, basically as an attempt to keep the bad element out.

No baggy pants, and pant legs must remain down.
He was constantly throwing people out of the place because they refused to obey the rules.
Kids were coming in with their stupid sweat pants rolled up the knee on one side and promptly told to fix it or get out.

If schools, malls, and other public places did this it might just solve the problem.
Too much 'fashion' in the past 10 years has come from gang culture.
That shit needs to stop.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Its for their homies in cell block six, the rolled up pant leg is where the shackle goes.  Actually, most of the homies probably don't know why they do it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Each full roll represents a time they spunked on Pam Anderson. The left leg means the face, the right leg means the funbags.

Also known as the "Grazhinsky-Schmegler Digidirectional Promiscuity Theorum".  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:47:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Too much 'fashion' in the past 10 years has come from gang culture.
That shit needs to stop.

+10000000

CMOS
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#19]
I was told it's symbolizeing "Hot and cold".......I have no idea if that's right or not.

I don't care.

I mark it down to being as stupid as saggy pants.

If you care enough to keep on pants leg up, you can keep your pants up.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Wow, that was more than 6 or 7 years ago...  You saw this recently?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I think it's to let the crabs escape.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#22]
They can't afford shorts and it's hot.

Max
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Kind of like wearing your shirts inside out. What's up with that?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:53:10 PM EDT
[#24]
So they don't get the cuff of thier pants caught in the chain of thier bicycle.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:53:24 PM EDT
[#25]
It's the cool thing and it's not only hoods that are doing it.

I'm a teacher, the classroom next to mine holds our "dance program"  Those classes are filled with dance majors (yes, in high school), whose parents pay tuition for their spoiled little daughters to attend a public high school where they can be dance for two periods a day and be majors.

The pretty, rich, upper class, white girls all roll one leg up.  (unless it is ballet day, then they have tu-tu's)
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I learned this the other day by asking one of my friends who was able to escape the ghetto and go to college on a full scholarship. Ah college, where else do yuppies get to learn about the ways of poor people?

That's exactly right. I learned the same thing last summer when one our apprentices (former street punk) clued me in.

Anyone else who does it probably doesn't realize what it really means; they're just trying for an "ethnic" look, and they just end up looking stupid to those they are emulating.

Yo, yo, YO!!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
It's the cool thing and it's not only hoods that are doing it.

I'm a teacher, the classroom next to mine holds our "dance program"  Those classes are filled with dance majors (yes, in high school), whose parents pay tuition for their spoiled little daughters to attend a public high school where they can be dance for two periods a day and be majors.

The pretty, rich, upper class, white girls all roll one leg up.  (unless it is ballet day, then they have tu-tu's)

Those rich little white girls all wish they were hoods, that's why.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#28]
This is all very interesting.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top