Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 12:07:42 PM EDT
If the morning after pill is available to the masses, IE over the counter.. does this seem to condone the act of not using protection?

I'm not against it (morning after pill.)  Just think that there should be some accountability when it comes to who gets it.

I can just imagine Ms. "X" gets her 6th morning after pill for this month.  Why not just buy some Frigg'n condom?!  Hell condoms are free!

Anyway, this is most likely a dupe considering the wallmart thing that went down today.  So feel free to bash me all you want.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:09:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I would imagine Ms X would eventually be held accountable for her actions if she was having that much unprotected sex.  Her accountability would be in the form of an STD.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The morning after pill should only go to rape victims, or people that were using protection and want to be sure, or the condom broke etc etc.   Nah fuck that, in my "the government needs to be smaller thinking" make it legal, let em pay the consequences the way patty said, and she's right.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#4]
People can misuse anything, just like guns the fact is the majority of people are only going to use it for emergency situations like when the condom fails...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They are mostly used when a condom breaks or other accidents occur.  The temporary side effects are NOT pleasant for women, so they aren't going to be likely to take it on a regular basis.

This is exactly right and has been personally experienced by me.  The condom failed and my girlfriend had been off the pill for a couple months.  The morning after pill is most if most effective if used with 24 hours.  It was a scramble for her to get an appointment with the doctor the next day and of course she had to miss work.  Then she got the prescription filled which wasn't cheap.  That night serious cramps set in.  The next day even worse cramps followed by vomitting.  Then aches, pains, chills.  This went on for 3 days straight!  After that the symptoms started to lighten up but the cramping and aching continued for a week.  Anyone who says the availabilty of this pill will only encourage people to have unprotected sex only shows themselves to be an ignorant fool who has absolutely no clue what he is talking about.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:35:52 PM EDT
[#6]
They're most useful in the rape/ 1+% of the time breakages of condoms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top