Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 7:46:42 AM EDT
skills.  If it turns out we had to wait this long for proof the WMDs were moved to Syria the White has been horrible at PR.  I hope the tapes are true, but why do we have to find out about them from ABC news?

The only thing I can think of is that W wanted to give the media and Dems just enough rope to hang themselves by.

www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=\Nation\archive\200602\NAT20060215a.html
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh God, please let all this be legit. I would love to see the naysayers eat their words
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:49:22 AM EDT
[#2]
They just wouldn't report it.

Media blackout.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
skills.  If it turns out we had to wait this long for proof the WMDs were moved to Syria the White has been horrible at PR.  I hope the tapes are true, but why do we have to find out about them from ABC news?

The only thing I can think of is that W wanted to give the media and Dems just enough rope to hang themselves by.

The presence of Iraqi WMDs in Syria creates a real foreign policy problem for the US.

Thus one can understand why the President isn't running to the microphones going "See!! See!!" with information of that nature like some sort of kid trying to get his parent's approval.

With President Bush, unlike president Clinton, everything isn't about poll numbers and press coverage....

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:52:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The presence of Iraqi WMDs in Syria creates a real foreign policy problem for the US.

Thus one can understand why the President isn't running to the microphones going "See!! See!!" with information of that nature like some sort of kid trying to get his parent's approval.

With President Bush, unlike president Clinton, everything isn't about poll numbers and press coverage....

Good point
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:54:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Future DU post:
Um, oh yeah, well WHERE ARE THEY THEN?

Besides, who cares about that. Didn't you hear that Cheney shot some guy? HURR

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:56:08 AM EDT
[#6]

History and truth has already been written in stone:

La-la-la-la-la-I'm-not-listening-la-la-la-la...

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#7]
And don't get your panties all wet over this.

Even if they actually found various WMDs, it still won't make the liberal idiocy stop. Unless they find a nuclear missle capable of striking DC and almost ready to fire, the libbies will keep screaming.

And even if they do find such a thing, it will most likely be chalked up to a Haliburton plot anyway.

Facts don't matter to liberals.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:00:35 AM EDT
[#8]
The REAL target all along should have been Syria.........
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:00:47 AM EDT
[#9]
The left will never concede. They will fight against our own governement until terrorists have reduced Washington DC to a smoking pile of rubble....and then they will be the first to accuse that same government of not doing enough to prevent attacks. There is no winning a debate with insane participants.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:01:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Bush truthed, liberals goofed!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Stick it to the liberals.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Anybody else beginning to believe we have a serious problem... that people in the CIA/Intelligence community may be suppressing information and misrepresenting other information for political purposes because they hate the President…

Able Danger…
Joe Wilson…
Iraqi terror training…
NSA leak…
Now this…

IMO some in the CIA are interfering and trying to influence in domestic politics.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:07:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Regardless of how this turns out, the White House SUX at communications.

Its the single largest beef I have with Bush et al.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't hold your breath.  Besides, everybody knows the WMD's are in crygenic storage with Hitler and Walt Disney.    
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:17:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The REAL target all along should have been Syria.........

It is Syria, Iran, and N. Korea. We just want them to squirm a few years in anticipation of a full smack-down
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Anybody else beginning to believe we have a serious problem... that people in the CIA/Intelligence community may be suppressing information and misrepresenting other information for political purposes because they hate the President…

IMO some in the CIA are interfering and trying to influence in domestic politics.

Bureaucrats have ALWAYS sought to interfere with politics to suit their own ends.

That is the way the game is played.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Able Danger…
Joe Wilson…
Iraqi terror training…
NSA leak…
Now this…

well DUH!

plus throw in a  a big percentage of the lifers over at State.   Those that think THEY should be running foreign policy and not the President.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Who will even notice with the real MAJOR Cheney story?

Who cares what else is going on anywhere in the world?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:15:15 AM EDT
[#19]
I really hope this is all legit. It would shut up a lot of mouth's quickly.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:17:45 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm looking forward to reading Georges Sada's book.

I think the White House needed to telegraph the idea that the WMDs were there, but moved, early, often, and loudly.

We still don't know everything though. I still think that Germany, Russia and possibly France have a LOT to do with helping re-arm Saddam after the UN resolutions went into place after Gulf War I, and we're either trying to cover up their complicitness (is that a word? IT IS NOW ) in helping Iraq.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#21]
The libtards will simply say the tapes are fake no matter who authenticates them.  That will then justify them not changing their tune.

Go read the linked story.  They are already saying they will not believe the tapes no matter what.

I love this little tidbit from "author and producer" Danny Schechter who wrote and produced "Embedded:  Weapons of Mass Deception".

"Saddam Hussein is probably one of the most demonized world leaders, with Dick Cheney a close second," Schechter added.

Yeah, if it's true it would kinda fuck up his book sales.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#22]
[Whacko libtard] WRONG!!!  Bush LIED...People DIED!  This is all a PLOT by Cheney/Rove to take the evil, Repuke sucking media's focus OFF of BUSH and his Nazi CRIMES!!!  [whacko libtard]

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Not me.

Personally, I've got problems with ALOT of what Bush has done.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Agreed.  Not only that, though, but if the White House were to play it right, Repub's will dominate in '08.  

I wouldn't be so concerned about what weapons they find and whether those weapons could make it to the US in missiles, but the fact that they are in Syria means terrorists have access to them, they always have, and can find a way to bring them here (hopefully not).  The Dems would have to recant every dumb thing they've ever said.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:33:44 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not me.

Personally, I've got problems with ALOT of what Bush has done.

Don't misunderstand - I'm NOT saying its tthe  ONLY problem I have with them.

But my take is its the # 1 problem - inability to communicate on the war, inability to explain to America why the privatization of SS is a good thing, inability to explain why McCain Feingold is unConstitutional (which as I recall, they figgered it would get overturned under SCOTUS challenge) inability to explain why deeper tax cuts are needed, inability to communicate the real intent of the Second Amendment, etc etc .

I think if you look at all their foibles, a large part of them being unable to move forward what they CLAIM was their agenda is that they SUCK at communication.

That's my take on it.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Not a chance in hell.

DEMOCRAT TALKING POINTS RE: "STORY OF SADDAM DISCUSSING WMDS"

1. Question the timing of the story.
Why is it released NOW? Obviously it's released now to take attention away from Dick Cheney almost murdering a fellow-hunter (change the subject....).

2. Question the integrity of the report.
Is this part of a disinformation campaign? How can we trust the source of this? Is it real or was it "created" over the past several years? Is this just like the Niger yellowcake report that Joe Wilson proved the Administration faked (change the subject....)?

3. Why was Congress not notified of this report immediately when it was supposedly found?
This is just another example of the Bush Administration overstepping its authority and thinking it doesn't have to share information and sources with Congress - just like how they overstepped their authority with the NSA spying on American citizens (change the subject....).

4. So what!? Saddam was a liar - we all KNOW that.
So why believe him now??? And we also know Saddam tried to pretend he had WMDs to keep his enemies at bay and this is all just part of the biggest hoax ever perpetrated in our lifetimes - and one that was enabled and continued by this Administration (change the subject....).

5. Words by Saddam are just words - they are not WMDs.
Where's the beef!??? Where are the WMDs!?? Show us the money!! Look, this story does not excuse in any way the outright deceptions of this Administration in twisting the facts leading up to the war and the utter and complete FAILURE by this Administration in handling the post-war terrorism and near civil-war we provoked over there (change the subject....).

6. THIS STILL DOES NOT MAKE AMERICA ONE BIT SAFER TODAY!
The world is still a far more dangerous place because of what this Administration has done in Iraq - far more dangerous than anything supposedly said by Saddam Hussein about his alleged WMDs (change the subject....).

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:36:11 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

If it turns out we had to wait this long for proof the WMDs were moved to Syria the White has been horrible at PR.  I hope the tapes are true, but why do we have to find out about them from ABC news?  The only thing I can think of is that W wanted to give the media and Dems just enough rope to hang themselves by.

Who's up for reelection this year?  Hillary, Ted, Reid, etc.  What a great time to let the cat out of the bag.

Obviously you found out about it from CNSNews.com not ABC.  The ABC Nightline special isn't until tonight.  The tapes will be played at the intelligence summit not on ABC.

The intelligence summit is sponsored by the International Intelligence Summitsm, a non-partisan, non-profit, neutral forum that uses private charitable funds to bring together for the first time the intelligence agencies of the free world and the emerging democracies.

www.intelligencesummit.org/news/JohnLoftus/JL010606.php

Shok
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:47:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Another brilliant comment from Schechter:

"The question is not, did he have a program, but did that program represent a threat to the United States, to England, or to anywhere else," Schechter said. "I would be hesitant about raw intelligence that has not been analyzed, but that is being used in a partisan way by members of Congress," he told Cybercast News Service.

Or anywhere else??????????  Yeah, Saddam represented a threat to no one at all.

I love it when a libtard remarks about something being used in a "partisan way".  They are the fucking kings of doing that and they whine when they think someone else MIGHT be doing it!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#29]
The reality of the news is even a breaking headline program like ABC News' Nightline has a 5 day lag.  They were searching for something to dilute the headlines and found the VP shooting non-incident to delay these tapes.

This is the real deal, Iraq WAS a threat but the major media would have to do damage control to cover up the "Bush lied" mantra they have spewed for 3 years.

The Whitehouse isn't interested in spinning the news because ALL news is obsolete intel and the Whitehouse must deal proactively with intel that is still top secret.  The media would have us believe the Whitehouse deals reactively to the news but this is definitely NOT the case. Sure, Scott McClellan has a shit job but that is why he is employed.  Case in point?  Why is the media imploding because they were delayed in the news of the VP shooting accident?  

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Does anyone see the fallicy of the media?  That being the MSM thinks it has all the answers and all of the intel?  

Does anyone believe Terry Moron of Nightline will present these tapes with anything but passing fancy?  

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Does anyone see the fallicy of the media?  That being the MSM thinks it has all the answers and all of the intel?  

Does anyone believe Terry Moron of Nightline will present these tapes with anything but passing fancy?  

My guess is Nightline will do their best to minimize and dismiss the tapes, explain why they are not important... and that it is Bush's fault either way.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#32]
ABC news does not have the story about the tapes hotlinked on the nightline site. Whats up with that? All the other stories are linked
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
ABC news does not have the story about the tapes hotlinked on the nightline site. Whats up with that? All the other stories are linked

Terry Moron wants it that way.  Downplaying the real news because it doesn't fit his perverted view of the world.

ETA:  They added a hotlink.  Terry Moron ISN'T covering it...Brian Ross
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:22:23 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

A White Samuel Jackson?

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#35]
From the link above:

The tapes were provided to ABC News by Bill Tierney, a former member of an UN inspection team who was translating them for the FBI. He says the U.S. Government is wrong to keep these tapes and others secret from the public. "Because of my experience being in the inspections and being in the military, I know the significance of these tapes when I heard them" said Tierney. U.S. officials confirm the tapes are authentic and are among hundreds of hours of tapes Saddam recorded in his palace office.

Remember what I said.  The media is hot that the Whitehouse keeps intel from them.  The media would like us to believe the Whitehouse gets their intel from the media but in reality, the media gets their news from declassified intel.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:24:21 AM EDT
[#36]

My God they look identical.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:27:22 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

members.cox.net/the-macallan/BushLied.jpg

A White Samuel Jackson?

home.tu-clausthal.de/~ifjkl/pics/samuel_l_jackson.jpg

Except that Sam is probably smarter than the idiot holding the sign.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top