Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 7:14:03 AM EDT
Hi guys...

anyone have a hi res pic of the infamous viet cong execution?

this one: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f9/Nguyen.jpg/300px-Nguyen.jpg

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f9/Nguyen.jpg/300px-Nguyen.jpg

[eta] "infamous" only because the liberals (and other anti-american forces) used it as one of their many pro-appeasment propoganda.

Anyone know what kind of revolver is being used? My guess is an Ivar Johnson hammerless.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:25:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:28:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:30:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Anyone know what kind of revolver is being used? My guess is an Ivar Johnson hammerless.

I believe it is a Smith and Wesson Body-Guard style revolver.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:34:11 AM EDT
[#4]
There are some photoshopped versions of that I've seen on somethingawful.com and worth1000.com that are pretty funny
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:36:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Next I vote we host a picture of Thich Quang Duc.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:42:48 AM EDT
[#6]
EDITED TO BITCH - - tinypic.com has pulled my poster/photo of Eddie Adams' photo twice today. I don't know what the problem is, I credited the photo to Adams with the (C) year and name.

Maybe tinypic.com is, um.... nevermind.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Um what exactly does the self immolation of a buddist monk have to do with the summary execution of a viet cong fighter?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:50:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Smith & Wesson Bodyguard.

Afterwards, the Nguyen put his pistol back into his pocket and said; "Many Americans have been killed these last few days and many of my best Vietnamese friends. Now do you understand? Buddha will understand."
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:57:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Smith & Wesson Bodyguard.

Afterwards, the Nguyen put his pistol back into his pocket and said; "Many Americans have been killed these last few days and many of my best Vietnamese friends. Now do you understand? Buddha will understand."

His Aid,  Aid's wife and thier children were executed earlier that day by the VC.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um what exactly does the self immolation of a buddist monk have to do with the summary execution of a viet cong fighter?

Both are disturbing pictures.  They invoke both emotion and often debate.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:57:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I saw the film of this many years ago. Rough stuff.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:59:06 AM EDT
[#12]

No debate about it Ace...swing by southern Vietnam some time and ask the people what they think of their Northern overlords.  I've had even Veteran VC Cadres tell me that supporting Communism was wrong, and misguided.  They are afraid that it will take years to catch up economically with other SE Asian nations.  Their only hope is the Vietnamese expat community.

The interesting part is when you go over the Nguyen Whatever Memorial Bridge in Saigon where there was an attempted suicide bombing against MacNamara, you tell the Vietnamese .gov minder you wish the bomber had been sucessful.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the pics and info guys... greatly appreciate your help!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:41:54 AM EDT
[#14]

We need a new version of this pic with Osama, Zarqawi or the needledick from Iran in it.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#15]
IIRC, the pic is of then Col. Nguyen Ngoc Loan, the head of the Saigon Police executing VC Capt. Nguyen Van Lem, the leader of a VC murder team assigned to kill the wives and kids and extended families of RVN policemen.  

This took place early in Tet 1968.

Apparently, Capt. Nguyen and his killers did a fantastic job of butching the families of the policemen...so much so that he bragged about it.  The RVN police found thirty four of their relatives bound and shot in one roadside ditch.  There were others killed and scattered all over Saigon by the time the VC murder squads were done.

IIRC, Col Nguyen lost his brother, SIL and their kids to that crew.

I think I'd have shot the VC prick myself too.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:05:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

same-same,  caca dau Capt. Nguyen  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
IIRC, the pic is of then Col. Nguyen Ngoc Loan, the head of the Saigon Police executing VC Capt. Nguyen Van Lem, the leader of a VC murder team assigned to kill the wives and kids and extended families of RVN policemen.  

This took place early in Tet 1968.

Apparently, Capt. Nguyen and his killers did a fantastic job of butching the families of the policemen...so much so that he bragged about it.  The RVN police found thirty four of their relatives bound and shot in one roadside ditch.  There were others killed and scattered all over Saigon by the time the VC murder squads were done.

IIRC, Col Nguyen lost his brother, SIL and their kids to that crew.

Isn't it amazing how that picture is NEVER given in context? How that nobody mentions that the guy with the bullet going through his head had spent the morning slaughtering innocent women and children?

Anyone know why people would leave out such information?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:48:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Explained with ease: "War is bad MMkay".

Most people don't want to accept war is part of the balance so it's better to just assign all things about it as bad.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:53:18 PM EDT
[#19]
The "victim" had just been captured after slitting a police officer's family's throats (kids too). Good shooting.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#21]
My uncle has 2 pics, one before and one after of that and Eddie Adams in front of them.  I don't know where he get them but he was in 'nam and has a whole shoebox of just nasty pics of all kinds of stuff.  Lots of VC and NVA with parts of their faces shot out. Stuff like that
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
EDITED TO BITCH - - tinypic.com has pulled my poster/photo of Eddie Adams' photo twice today. I don't know what the problem is, I credited the photo to Adams with the (C) year and name.

Maybe tinypic.com is, um.... nevermind.

Maybe they pulled it because it's a copyrighted picture and you don't own the copyright.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:40:55 PM EDT
[#23]
From Wikipedia:

During the U.S. withdrawal, Loan left Vietnam in 1975. He moved to Virginia and opened a pizza restaurant, but he had to give it up after his past had been disclosed to the public in 1991. He died of cancer in 1998 in Burke, Virginia, a Washington, D.C. suburb

Wonder who "disclosed his past to the public"? A media person helping people exercise their right to know?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top