Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 4:47:50 PM EDT
Millions of dollars wasted in Katrina according to GOA and DHS.  FEMA fiasco.  Some one actually used their debit card to buy a .45!!!!!

Link, click here

I can't believe the outright fraud that we will all end up paying for.  I hope they catch all of 'em and put them in jail with restitution.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Better than buying some crack...

Maybe the person needed a way to defend himself????

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#2]
wtfux, i thought they werent supposed to be able to use the cards to buy firearms? oh well, it's not like anybody is surprised??
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I've personally witnessed 3 different people use them to pay for tattoos while talking about using them at the strip club that night.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I would think buying a gun would be one of the BEST uses such a card could be put to personally!

Just think of the problems that could take care of themselves if uncle same bought guns for everybody!

ETA:  It's certainly better than all the assholes I saw sell their food stamps to buy beer and pot!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would think buying a gun would be one of the BEST uses such a card could be put to personally!

Better late than never!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:00:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Just think of the problems that could take care of themselves if uncle same bought guns for everybody!

Heck yeah dude, Give everyone an 870 and put 5 gallon buckets of Crack on every other corner in the Ghetto. We could even set up cover in the streets. It would be like playing capture the flag.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Heck yeah dude, Give everyone an 870 and put 5 gallon buckets of Crack on every other corner in the Ghetto. We could even set up cover in the streets. It would be like playing capture the flag.

And we wonder why DU hates us so much.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree with buying a gun, somewhat.  I wouldn't agree if he chose a gun over food and diapers or medicine.  But if you read the article, a diamond engagement ring? Beach front condos in Florida for $375 a night? I've "heard" some of them spent money on designer label crap.  Now $2k is a lot of stuff you could buy at Wallyworld.  FEMA messed up with the mobile home orders as well.....dang.....
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I the Gov. gives me $2000 dollars. I would almost certainly buy a gun with it.

Then I would go boating.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:36:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Katrina is the best thing that could have happened to many of them in the projects of NO. They have been on an all expense paid vacation since no? No doubt they will get new digs, probably in a real house this time, maybe even next door to you and me.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Entitlement mentality is one of the banes of our society.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:08:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:11:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Prolly bought a gun to repalce the one the government took away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top