Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 8:56:55 PM EDT
i've had bad luck w/ US Cellular and need a different provider.  i've missed calls, dropped calls, can't always get my call through, etc.  My wife and i each have our own phones and numbers and 90% of our call time is to each other.  We each have about  700 minutes per month and we both have occasionally come close to our limit, but have never exceeded it.  Our travels are mainly from Chicago illinois to Door Co. wisc., and we sometimes travel to the South to enjoy the hospitality of those in Georgia, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Florida.  

Can anybody save me the trouble of wading through all their literature and trying to find what they don't want to tell me?

What company do you like?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Verizon
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Anything other than Verizon

I use US Cellular myself though.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I have Cingular, and seems to work well for me.

Aviator
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Aviator

+1. One very satisfied Cingular customer right here.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Alltel available?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Verizon
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Cingular's phones are expensive, but good.  Service is excellent.

Customer Service on the other hand is hit and miss.  So far, I am batting about .250 for good CS reps.  It just took a dive after SunCom got bought by ATT, and then by Cingular.  Serving customers wasn't a foriegn concept for SunCom's CS dept...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:07:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I have Cingular, so far so good. Expecially since their coverage of AZ is suppsoed to suck..
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Alltel available?

i checked their website, they have no stores/kiosks in my area.  thanks, though.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#10]

good cellular company?  

I think that's an oxymoron.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:27:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I didnt like Nextel or Cingular...I am having good luck with Tmobile thus far
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aviator

+1. One very satisfied Cingular customer right here.

+1 more

That's at least three of us, my whole family has Cingular, and no complaints.  I have one brother with Verizon, but he's switching since they have screwed him over too many times.  Rollover minutes rock, I use the cheapest plan and still have tons of talk time.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Cingular is a fucking mess.  I seriously spent 15 minutes on my back porch one night staring at a five gallon can of gasoline and thinking about the local Cingular store.  

I don't know that there's such a thing as a "good" cellular company.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd suggest the following.  Check with your local friends about their cell phone and sevice and what they think of it.  Talk to your friends in the south and see what they have and like.  The reason is some carriers do much better in some areas than others.  I could sit at work with my Verizon and no problem  The company phones were Nextel and they had to walk outside if they wanted a good connection.  I picked Verizon because they do the areas I hang out very well.  Some friends in a certain large city were big on Tmobile but admitted it was poor outside of the city.  That's why I say check with people in the areas you want coverage.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:48:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Verizon

+1

Best company I've dealt with, and I've used 5 or 6 professionally. Verizon has good coverage, reasonable plans, reasonable rates and their billing has been flawless for me. No hassles, EVER.

I cannot say the same about any other company I've dealt with.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:05:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I have Nextel, and it  works good for me
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:17:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I have Sprint only because they're the only one that has a signal where I live.

I've also used Cingular, Verizon, and AT&T. EVERY one (Sprint included) has F'ed up my bill one way or another. Verizon was the quickest to fix it, with Sprint being a little more hassle. I don't even want to talk about the problems with AT&T (before they were bought out), it's too hard on my blood pressure...

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Bills are F' ed up because people dont know how to read the damn things... Very rarely do I see a bill that is actually incorrrect..

Calls arent doubled, text messages arent doubled, your calls arent dropped on purpose so you have to make another. Yes, you did get your phone wet, thats why it has reception problems...I didnt " gouge" you on your last bill...The list goes on and on.. Hear it every day...

What you need to do is ask your friends who has the best reception WHERE YOU LIVE.... ( Remember that...Its important) Go to the store, find a reasonably nice person to help you. Understand your plan and calling area.

And remember that the "cheap penny phone" you bought isnt actually cheap.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Bills are F' ed up because people dont know how to read the damn things... Very rarely do I see a bill that is actually incorrrect..

Shall I send you some?

How about a bill where 3 cell numbers, with several hundred dollars worth of calls showed up on my account.....3 cell numbers which did not belong to me (Sprint).

How about a bill showing $75 worth of roaming charges when the phone in question had been idle the entire billing cycle, sitting in my home desk drawer? (Nextel)

How about a bill that showed my name and address, but had 2 pages worth of calls I didn't make. Turns out that another guy with my name got put on my account. Oopsie.

I can read a fucking bill, phone jock. And, they are fucked up all the damn time.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shall I send you some?

How about a bill where 3 cell numbers, with several hundred dollars worth of calls showed up on my account.....3 cell numbers which did not belong to me (Sprint).

How about a bill showing $75 worth of roaming charges when the phone in question had been idle the entire billing cycle, sitting in my home desk drawer? (Nextel)

How about a bill that showed my name and address, but had 2 pages worth of calls I didn't make. Turns out that another guy with my name got put on my account. Oopsie.

I can read a fucking bill, phone jock. And, they are fucked up all the damn time.

What 2 companies did you mention in your post?    I wonder why they have so many #s port out?

All in the company you pick for svc.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Bills are F' ed up because people dont know how to read the damn things... Very rarely do I see a bill that is actually incorrrect...

You ought to see some of mine...The majority of the problems were from someone (the sales rep)inputing the wrong information, such as what plan and what options that I had.

ETA: I used up post 666 on a thread about Cell phone companies. Figures....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:47:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shall I send you some?

What 2 companies did you mention in your post?    I wonder why they have so many #s port out?

All in the company you pick for svc.

I agree it's all about the right company - and that's why I recommend Verizon. They have been very good. Every company I've been with that offered crappy service got dropped right fucking now. I don't go the contract route, precisely because so many offer bad service. If they start fucking up, I kick them to the curb.

Ebay=cheap used phones.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I have T-Mobile and I'm happy with them.  

My spokesperson is SMOKIN' HOT.  Catherine Zeta-Jones    

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top