Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 6:33:24 PM EDT
What exactly is Digital Home Advantage?

I've been scouring their site for 30 minutes and can't find anything other than a mention in passing.  $50 credit for new subscribers with an 18 month commitment.

Anyone know?

OK, I found this:

CUSTOMER: Thank you for choosing DISH Network. This agreement (the “Agreement”) sets forth the terms and conditions of the Digital Home Advantage promotion. Additional terms and conditions of service are contained in the Residential Customer Agreement provided to you in your receiver User’s Guide and made available at www.dishnetwork.com. BY CLICKING ON THE “ACCEPT TERMS” BUTTON BELOW YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED, READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH ON ITS SECOND PAGE, AND THE RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMER AGREEMENT, WHICH IS INCORPORATED HEREIN BY REFERENCE, AND THAT THE FOLLOWING TERMS WERE DISCLOSED TO YOU PRIOR TO LEASE: 1) all equipment provided to you under this Agreement remains the property of DISH Network at all times and you agree that within 15 days of termination, downgrade, or disconnection of service as described below, you will return all such equipment to your original retailer or DISH Network or pay the applicable unreturned equipment charges set forth below; 2) you must purchase DishFAMILY (currently $19.99/mo. or $24.99/mo. with local network channels where available, in each case including rental of one receiver), America’s Top 60 (currently $29.99/mo. or $34.99/mo. with local network channels where available, in each case including rental of one receiver), DISH Latino (currently $24.99/mo. or $29.99/mo. with local network channels where available, in each case including rental of one receiver), or Great Wall TV Package (currently $29.99/mo. or $34.99/mo. with local network channels where available, in each case including rental of one receiver) as your minimum subscription level at all times; 3) the $299.99 lease upgrade fee (if applicable) for the model ViP622 receiver, the $49.99 lease upgrade fee (if applicable) for the model ViP211 or 411 receiver, the $99.00 lease upgrade fee (if applicable) for the second model 522 or 625 receiver, and programming payments, are non-refundable; 4) whether a non-refundable activation fee of $49.99 plus applicable sales tax must be paid prior to installation and whether a $49.99 credit will be applied to your first bill; 5) whether you are eligible for local network channels by satellite, or a website or phone number to contact to determine if you are eligible for local network channels by satellite; and 6) if you elected the eighteen month agreement option below, a prorated cancellation fee of $240 will apply for early downgrade, termination, or disconnection of service as described below. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR RESIDENCE, YOU ARE STILL BOUND TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE PRICES, PACKAGES, AND PROGRAMMING AT ANY TIME, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DURING ANY TERM AGREEMENT PERIOD TO WHICH YOU HAVE AGREED.

I guess it means I lease from them rather than buying my equipment?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:51:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes Dish is now leasing the equipment… this has a big advantage if something breaks. The lease fee is built in to the programming package prices. Dish has receivers that can service 2 rooms which saves you on additional receiver fees.

IMPORTANT BEFORE YOU BUY… If you have Sprint telephone you can bundle your DISH billing with your Sprint billing and get and additional $5/month discount. Call Sprint for details.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yes Dish is now leasing the equipment… this has a big advantage if something breaks. The lease fee is built in to the programming package prices. Dish has receivers that can service 2 rooms which saves you on additional receiver fees.

IMPORTANT BEFORE YOU BUY… If you have Sprint telephone you can bundle your DISH billing with your Sprint billing and get and additional $5/month discount. Call Sprint for details.

I have Sprint and they always 'forget' to take off the $5. Sprint sucks ass!

Nice equipment also. My reciever didn't last a month. Sure they will send me a new one, $55 shipping and I also pay to ship the old(new) one back. 'No, you can't come and pick it up.' It will only let me watch one room at a time, I'm not paying so I will suffer.

I'm ready to change to Direct.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top