Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 4:05:06 AM EDT
From what I've heard, anyone that can legally own a rifle or shotgun, can walk around carrying a long-gun in public places in Texas. Is this true?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:19:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, but the PD is going to ask WTF you're doing!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:23:15 AM EDT
[#2]
concealed, loaded, unconcealed = OK....but not in a manner calculated to alarm (and just because the sheeple are alarmed does not mean you calculated it, nor does it mean you are disturbing the peace but you may get a false arrest in a metro area....good lawsuit material...)
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:25:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Why would you want to that?  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:36:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Isn't this thread already in the  Texas hometown forum?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:40:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Isn't this thread already in the  Texas hometown forum?

many times...weekly if not daily...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:41:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Why would you want to that?  

I likely would never do it. I'm arguing the point with a Libtard on another forum.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:56:57 AM EDT
[#7]
It is legal in missouri and I would bet it is also in texas but be prepared to have a  swat team draw down on you when you drop by walmart to pick up a pack of smokes.....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:08:46 AM EDT
[#8]
went  to a gun show at the stock yards collosieum back in '94. Had to park several blocks away and carry an AR 180 and an AK under folder. I had no mags or ammo on me and both actions were tied open. I was carrying them on my shoulders with slings. Well I could not find the show at the front door so I walked all the way around the building looking for another entrance but no luck.  by this time some schmuck had flagged down the police and they stopped me as I returned to the front of the building and  "detained" me.  It took about a half huor to clear it up but the the officer finally talked to the same guy that had informed me of the show cancellation. I had a flyer at the house advertising the show and wished I had it with me but oh well. After that when ever I went to a  show at a new place to me I never carry any guns until I am sure of the show status....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:12:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
From what I've heard, anyone that can legally own a rifle or shotgun, can walk around carrying a long-gun in public places in Texas. Is this true?

Sounds like a good way to get shot
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:29:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like a good way to get shot

Agreed
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:37:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It is legal in missouri and I would bet it is also in texas but be prepared to have a  swat team draw down on you when you drop by walmart to pick up a pack of smokes.....

Friends don't let friend shop at wlamart.... Causes high Taxes.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top