Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 9:57:29 AM EDT
I had a Priority Mail package coming and I did not know it was insured and required a signature. No one was home, so the post carrier left a notice saying to pick it up at the office the next day or sign and leave it for the mail man.

I signed it, gave it to the mail man the next day. The day after, the mail man didn't see a package to deliver .

Why does this crap always happen? Is it so hard to simply attempt another re-delivery? I mean, UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc... all attempt around 3 re-deliveries before giving up. The USPS gives up right away.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:12:51 AM EDT
[#1]

I recently express-mailed a package.  Took it in to send it off, and they said "If it isn't there by noon, you get a full refund."

So, the person the package is going to emails me the next afternoon, and says "The package arrived this afternoon just fine."  I checked the USPS tracking...it said "Delivery attempted 11:08 am, no one home, message left."  Oh, really?  I checked with the recipient.  No, she had been home all day, there was no note on the door, the only time anyone had come to the door was at 2pm to deliver the package.

We're in the same time zone.  She was home all day.  The recipient has no motive to lie.  The only explanation I can think of that makes any sense is that USPS fraudulently claimed to have made a delivery attempt in order to get out of having to issue a refund.

Jim
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I have some important parts just floating around somewhere and USPS's blunder set me back by 3-4 days. The funny part is that had the vendor chose to not use insurance (they need to cover their asses, understandable) it would have been delivered just fine
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Go to the USPS website and click the "Locate Post-Office" button

They would like you to enter your city and state.  Your zip code is optional.  If you enter a zip code but not city and state, it tells you to go to hell and enter your city and state.

Almost every other website on the entire fricking internet, will find locations of store, resturants, banks, whatever, just by entering your zip code.

This is the M F'ing United States Postal Service.  They OWN the zip codes!  They can't locate a post office near you just by zip code?

Not a big deal, just a huge WTF?  Why can everyone else give loactions by zip code, except the people that run the damn things?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Go to the USPS website and click the "Locate Post-Office" button

They would like you to enter your city and state.  Your zip code is optional.  If you enter a zip code but not city and state, it tells you to go to hell and enter your city and state.

OK, I entered just the zip code and it gave me the location, phone number and business hours of that post office and several other nearby post offices. I don't know why it says you have to enter the city and state as required fields.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top