Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 8:45:39 PM EDT
Today I finally, FINALLY, started rebuilding my collection.  8 months of jobs paying 1/2 of what I was paid the previous 5 years tooks a toll on my gun collection.  So here is to a savings account preventing that from ever happening again and a tax return that made this all possible.  Today I went and picked up the following.

-Remington 700PSS in .308
-Remington 870P 12ga
-RRA Midlength A4 AR-15 with carry handle (Wasnt going to buy the carry handle but was cut a killer deal)

The above along with the Glock 17 that I already own pretty much give me the basics.  All I really need is a .22 and I'll have my bases covered.  Never in my life have I purchased so many quality guns.  It was nice after the previous year.  Kind of feels like things are coming back together.

Anyway, here is a fairly poor picture.  Looks like the camera is on its way out.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:51:24 PM EDT
[#1]
got an idea as to what base/rings/optics you're giong to toss on the PSS?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad to see you are able to get back in the game.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, so where is your ammo stockpile?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Way to jump back in with both feet!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice collection.  I hope you can feel my envy when I look at that 12ga, and that .308.  Nice guns man!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:19:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ok, so where is your ammo stockpile?

My ammo stockpile consists of about 1000 rounds of 9mm, 100 shotgun shells and 40 rounds of .223  Sheesh!  I'm not rich!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:21:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Base and rings will definately be Badger.  I'll also pick up a Badger bolt knob.  As far as optics I'm still not sure.  The local shop is pushing IOR big time.  I've never looked through one so I'm not really sure.  I'm also considering Nightforce, Leupold and a few others.  I dont really want to spend more than $1100.  I'd be real happy if I could get a clear feature rich scope for $500.  We'll see what happens.  There is a user on Snipeshide.com that is working with a company on a new scope that looks to be interesting.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:24:59 PM EDT
[#8]
really nice choice, good job they look great!!  feels good to have things from working hard huh!!

edited: ifi was you i would go with a super sniper from swfa for a scope, and good choice with badger rings.  but def give super sniper a close look!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I wouldnt overlook a super sniper, they seem to be a heck of a value for the money.  and good idea on the badgers, those things are nice.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I've heard great things about the Super Sniper for years now.  Mayby I'll finally give one a try!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:37:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I've heard great things about the Super Sniper for years now.  Mayby I'll finally give one a try!

good choice i like em alot!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:17:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

good choice i like em alot!!

Is the Super Sniper still made by Tasco?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:24:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The correct answer is Badger.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:52:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The correct answer is Badger.

Without a doubt!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#15]
wtf, tax refund? how are you guys getting them so soon? IIRC, the wait was a few months?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice start,now all you need is ammo and targets. Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Your missing the plate of food, stapler and tape measurer.

Other than that Id say its a 10.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:37:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Shoulda put that money in an IRA
Glad to see you are spending your money wisely
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I get mine refund next week, buying reloading equipemnt from a guy down the street!

ETA: Priced out what he has for sale and what it would cost me new. Less than half the price! Most of it is new and never used! Just need a scale and some dies for  a couple more weapons.

Oh, file your refund electronically and the  federal refund take 5 to 10 days direct deposit, state refund takes 5 days direct deposit.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I get mine refund next week, buying reloading equipemnt from a guy down the street!

ETA: Priced out what he has for sale and what it would cost me new. Less than half the price! Most of it is new and never used! Just need a scale and some dies for  a couple more weapons.

Oh, file your refund electronically and the  federal refund take 5 to 10 days direct deposit, state refund takes 5 days direct deposit.

so if I mail it is only the time it takes to get there added to that time frame?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:02:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like you went to Jensens,  you telling me no one sells that stuff in Wyoming.  

Jensens is worth the drive though.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Looks like you went to Jensens,  you telling me no one sells that stuff in Wyoming.  

Jensens is worth the drive though.

Yup drove down to Jensens.  I think from my door to theirs its about 45 minutes.  There is nobody in the area that sells this type of firearm.  Oh, I take that back.  There is a shop in town that has 3-4 Bushmasters for a little over MSRP!  You would think that in WY of all places there would be a decent gun shop!  I wish Bob would open a shop here in town.  They would do extremely well! Even on handguns its cheaper to go to CO.  Even with the higher tax rate, the overnight shipping and transfer fee on my end I still come out ahead.  One shop here in town has Glocks for over $600!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top