Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 7:49:20 PM EDT
today i received a check for $6.23 from texas. the company name on the check was NHI inc. with no addy, the check was hand signed and had a post it on it that said thanks. it had my full name and addy on the front and the back had a stamp that said deposit only, no third party endorsements, proper id required, and a line for my account number.

did a online corp check and the company is "not in good standing" saying it owed taxes, the person who signed the check was not the corp holder.

i wonder if it is a scam to get you to deposit the check with your account number which then gives them the proper addy ( you received it ) with a comfirmed name. they can then get the routing number for the bank from the processing info. this is enough info for them to do an electronic with drawl.

i dont know but i wont be depositing this check
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#1]
It does sound suspicious.  I recommend giving your state AG a call.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top