Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 8:09:41 PM EDT
They don't obey our laws? WOW, what a surprise
(couldn't get the whole article, bugmenot.com failed)

Many Unlicensed Illegals Immigrants Refusing To Stop Driving

DANIELA GERSON
Staff Reporter of the Sun
February 9, 2006
www.nysun.com/article/27292
Despite a recent ban on granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants in New York, many of the city's undocumented immigrants - estimated to number more than 500,000 - have refused to stop driving. Some are doing so without identification or insurance and others are traveling hundreds of miles to buy such cards on the black market.

About 252,000 New York State residents were found to have faulty or nonexistent Social Security numbers after the state adopted a policy to cull driver's licenses against a national database. Two years after letters were first sent out informing residents their licenses would be suspended, many drivers whose licenses are no longer valid have told The New York Sun they have been getting behind the wheel.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#1]
<--- jack's total lack of suprise
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#2]
no shit? wow
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to my world.

I had one hit me, then sue me for $35K.

And win.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:25:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Put photos with the list of illegals who received notices. If you're behind the wheel after having received such a notice, the officer verifies it, pulls your head out the window (to preserve resale value at auction) and gives you two behind the ear. Being a cockroach is bad enough. Being an arrogant cockroach should be fatal.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Welcome to my world.

And win.

If you feel like sharing details, please do.  

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Welcome to my world.

And win.

Tagged for details.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:36:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Welcome to my world.

And win.

Tagged for details.

Sure, put the story here, and would someone please fetch the rest of the article?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Welcome to my world.

And win.

Tagged for details.

Probably something like this:

Lawyer:  "Your honor, my client says that since he has no license, he can not be expected to obey traffic laws and safely operate a vehicle.  Therefore, even though the accident was his fault he can not be held responsible.  Since someone must be found at fault, it must be the driver of the other car..."

Judge:  "Yeah, sure, whatever.  Court finds in favor the plaintiff.  Can we wrap this up?  I got a tee-time in 15 minutes."
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Welcome to my world.

And win.

Tagged for details.

Probably something like this:

Lawyer:  "Your honor, my client says that since he has no license, he can not be expected to obey traffic laws and safely operate a vehicle.  Therefore, even though the accident was his fault he can not be held responsible.  Since someone must be found at fault, it must be the driver of the other car..."

Judge:  "Yeah, sure, whatever.  Court finds in favor the plaintiff.  Can we wrap this up?  I got a tee-time in 15 minutes."

As stupid as that sounds, I wouldn't doubt for a minute that that is what happened.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Welcome to my world.

And win.

I was in 1994.  I was driving a work pickup truck and running errands.  I stopped by my PO Box along the way.  

The drive to leave the PO was very narrow, and a larger truck was in the right turn lane to pull into the Post Office.  He couldn’t get in with me there.

He waved me forward.  I refused to go (having heard about accidents like these before).  He waved a few more times and then started to get pissed.  I looked to the left a couple of times, saw no cars and saw that the stop light about a block away was red.  

I turned right.

After turning right, I decided to do a U-turn. I changed lanes twice to the left and as I slowed down for the turn, I was struck in the drivers-side rear f the vehicle.

The driver of the POS bondo and primer colored car hit me at about 10 MPH, but had to cross three lanes to do it.  Apparently, she was stopped behind the truck, saw me pull out and followed me across a couple of lanes to hit me.

Her and her friend both spoke no English, and had apparently started their own house cleaning business THAT DAY.  They maintained that they were injured in the accident, and couldn’t work for 6 months.

They got a very slick layer and sued me for $35K, which the insurance company paid out without fighting it.

About that time, my sister was a victim of a “swap and squat” here too.  In her case, she was boxed in by two cars, and a third cut her off and slammed on his brakes.  They totaled her Toyota 4 Runner, and several illegal aliens in the front car sued her.  I think she won the case because they could show that all of those illegals were involved in about 6 or 7 other cases exactly like hers…

It happens quite a bit here…
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:48:46 PM EDT
[#11]
What would happen if U.S. citizens started refusing to show ID after an accident, and instead claiming to be an illegal alien? Could the cops do anything? In Kalifornia, they are prohibited by law from arresting illegals.

This whole issue violates the 14th Amendment. There should be a way to call them on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top