Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 9:50:29 AM EDT
I hate to be a stick in the mud as this movie seems to be widely regarded as being quite funny.  Decent rating on imdb too.

It had a few semi funny moments, but overall it was way too drawn out.  Bad editing.  Way too much focus on the sappy relationship building.  Not that movies like this are known for their surprises, but it was way too predictable.

It's not like I don't like this type of movie.  I loved Old School.  I just thought Wedding Crashers fell way flat.  No character to it.  I'm not a fan of Owen Wilson either...so that didnt help.  He can't act.

What say you?

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I loved it.

I thought the storyline was actually pretty good and the acting, save the crazy girl, was really good for this type of movie.

Wish I had 4 hands, so I could give it 3/4 thumbs up.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I loved it.

I thought the storyline was actually pretty good and the acting, save the crazy girl, was really good for this type of movie.

Wish I had 4 hands, so I could give it 3/4 thumbs up.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Zippy ya nailed it pal. Zero entertainment value.

I couldn't take watching 15 minutes of it.  I left the family to watch it while I went to another room & enjoyed Red Green.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#4]
goshdang wireless internet
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:02:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a pretty warped sense of humor, and think a lot of stupid things are funny, my girlfriend is the same way as me and she said she thought it sucked too. I haven't seen it, but if she doesn't think it's funny at all, it probably isn't and I won't waste my time watching it unless I have nothing better to do sometime.

Movies we think are hilarious are Office Space, 40 year old virgin, Napoleon Dynamite, Serial Mom, Planes Trains and Automobiles and stuff like that. Even Old School, while it had some great moments, over all I felt it wasn't really all that funny.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#6]
It's definitely not Old School, which i loved. Wedding Crahers was ok, my favorite part was the end with Will Ferrell.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:03:10 AM EDT
[#7]
WAY WAY better than Old School
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:04:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow, you guys are nuts.  That movie is absolutely hilarious.  Of course the story was a bit off.  Its a friggin comedy.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Started out funny.

About half way through it turned into a chick flick about emotions "and shit".

It had potential, but succumbed to the chick flick syndrome.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:12:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Wow, you guys are nuts.  That movie is absolutely hilarious.  Of course the story was a bit off.  Its a friggin comedy.  

+1

What'd you do with them? Motorboat? You play the motorboat?
[makes sputtering motorboat noise]
You motorboatin son of a bitch!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:21:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I laughed a lot at it. The "dating" speech at the start was spot on.

Also, the redhead was frickin' hot, imo.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#12]
From the preview I had no desire to even see it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I laughed a lot at it. The "dating" speech at the start was spot on.

Also, the redhead was frickin' hot, imo.

Maybe we'll play a little game called just the tip?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#14]
The 40 Year Old Virgin was easily ten times funnier, but somehow got overshadowed by Wedding Crashers. I thought Wedding Crashers was pretty lame myself, except for the titties.

IBTGEY
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The 40 Year Old Virgin was easily ten times funnier, but somehow got overshadowed by Wedding Crashers. I thought Wedding Crashers was pretty lame myself, except for the titties.

IBTGEY

Yep. Best part of the whole movie was the titty montage in the beginning.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Yep, I'm with you Zip, very disappointing.
Old school is still at the top.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:25:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Not nearly as funny as "Waiting...."
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I hate to be a stick in the mud as this movie seems to be widely regarded as being quite funny.  Decent rating on imdb too.

It had a few semi funny moments, but overall it was way too drawn out.  Bad editing.  Way too much focus on the sappy relationship building.  Not that movies like this are known for their surprises, but it was way too predictable.

It's not like I don't like this type of movie.  I loved Old School.  I just thought Wedding Crashers fell way flat.  No character to it.  I'm not a fan of Owen Wilson either...so that didnt help.  He can't act.

What say you?

i say that you simply were not drunk enough.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#19]
The meatloaf mom!@
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I thought it was freaking hilarious
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
It's definitely not Old School, which i loved. Wedding Crahers was ok, my favorite part was the end with Will Ferrell.

Yep, pretty much. Redhead chick was hot. A few funny moments, some boobage. Owen whatever his name is bores the crap out of me.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:32:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Where's my little friend? WHERE'S MY LITTLE FRIEND?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Laughed my ass off!! Its now in my DVD collection and have watched it 4X already. Still laughing.

Old school = funny. But will never be in DVD collection.  

Agree, Wedding Crashers & 40 Year Old Virgin were the best comedies this year. Old School was humerous but not worth buying.

I loved psycho girl. BTW, I saw some topless photos of Rachel McAdams floating around the internet.
It slays me when actresses won't do nude parts in movies but as soon as they find a French beach, off goes their top.  

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:36:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Your first clue of major suckage was the chillingly shitty duo of Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson.  Vaughn peaked with "Swingers", and Wilson, well, I'm waiting for someone to break his nose again.

The second clue, if any were needed, was that all the women loved the movie.  This is a glaring neon sign saying "BAIT AND SWITCH! "  Billed as a raunchy comedy, it gets the male half of the couple to tag along, and then springs the chick flick shit on him halfway through.  Dirty pool.

"40 YOV" was a far superior movie in every way, especially in that it didn't stick the same fucking tired actors who can't act in our faces yet again.

Since Old School seems to get mentioned a lot in this thread, I admit I didn't much care for it.  I kept waiting for it to get funny and it never did.  I seem to notice that Will Ferrell does a lot of movies like that.  "Anchorman" was a snoozefest, and I owe somebody a kick in the jimmy for tricking me into sitting through it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
How does Owen Wilson get work?  He's as interesting as a book on tax code, and doesn't have the brains of a banana slug.

-Troy

He is charming and handsome.  I know many women who swoon over him and love his nose.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How does Owen Wilson get work?  He's as interesting as a book on tax code, and doesn't have the brains of a banana slug.

-Troy

He is charming and handsome.  I know many women who swoon over him and love his nose.  

Only because it resembles a penis.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top