Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 3:45:16 PM EDT
did the 82nd jump into stan about a month after? if not who was it?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:54:42 PM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Might consider usin' google for all these Infantry/AFV threads.  There's really plenty of info out there.  Besides, I thought you were the XO of an Armored Cav Troop...    I remember that conversation with you once.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Might consider usin' google for all these Infantry/AFV threads.  There's really plenty of info out there.  Besides, I thought you were the XO of an Armored Cav Troop...    I remember that conversation with you once.

Not just yet,

sorry for all the questions some guy at work just told me he jumped into afganistan, i am trying to figure out if he is full of it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Rangers jumped a few times in stan and Iraq.
173rd Jumped in Kurdistan.
I have heard that some elements of 82nd jumped, but I am not sure.

he said he was with the 82nd but I do not know if that was before or in afganistan???

I thought we haven't had combat jumps in years???
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

IIRC it was Delta and elements of 75th Ranger Regiment who executed the raid that was shown on TV using night vision shortly after 9-11.  Jumpers exiting C-130s on shown on either FLIR or night vision right?  I think Mullah Omar was the target and they just missed him.  Captured a bunch of documents though.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't recall the unit in Iraq but they where given hell for the jump to get their Mustard Patch

The whole area had been secure for a while by the 10th SF group that came in from the north.

My son posted on the old thread. He was on the ground tryong to get some rest when they jumped in

82 has jumped in the Stan
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:13:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I don't recall the unit but they where given hell for the jump to get their Mustard Patch

The whole area had been secure for a while by the 10th SF group that came in from the north.

My son posted on the old thread. He was on the ground tryong to get some rest when they jumped in

Are you talking OIF or OEF?  The originator of the thread asked about OEF.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't recall the unit but they where given hell for the jump to get their Mustard Patch

Are you talking OIF or OEF?  The originator of the thread asked about OEF.

I was talking about the only jump in Iraq
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IIRC it was Delta and elements of 75th Ranger Regiment who executed the raid that was shown on TV using night vision shortly after 9-11.  Jumpers exiting C-130s on shown on either FLIR or night vision right?  I think Mullah Omar was the target and they just missed him.  Captured a bunch of documents though.

Cell phone #s, to be exact.

A quick google - raid was 20 Oct 2001.  Link
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#13]
not from afghan but cool photo of 82nd paratroopers before jump into northern iraq, in '03.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top