Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 8:49:19 PM EDT
I saw the new M1 Carbine Fulton is coming out with.....it looks pretty neat.  

How reliable is the M1?

How reliable with the 30 round magazines?

How accurate?

What are the ballistics of the .30 carbine round comparable to?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:58:15 PM EDT
[#2]
There has been a number of threads on this lately.  I know of several here in GD and atleast one over in the general Ar section.  A search might turn up some stuff for you
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The Fulton M1 carbine is 1000 bucks and maybe El Primo carbine. There are others GI issue carbine WWII era also Plainfield, Universal, Kahr. ETC... The Universal is not as good as the other it has a slight different setup. Not even close to GI. Limited bullet weight in 30 carbine. Initially the 30 M1 Carbine was design to replace the handgun for guys in the rear. If you want to run 30 round GI mags replace the magazine catch with a M2 mag catch as it has an extra tit on it to match the 30 round mag. The  30 M1 carbine was my 1st  semi auto rifle that I bought. I have a lot of trigger time  and have loaded ammo including hard cast 110 gr lead rn. It is light weight and has good power for what it is.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I forgot my shooting buddy and I had 2 different makes of M1 carbine and both turned out to be reliable and accurate. They are not tack drivers but have are resonably accurate. My carbine was stolen from my house shortly after I moved in 20 yrs ago and never recoverd. I am getting bored with ARs all the time and will probably get another  carbine this year. By the way some of the surplus dealers sometimes sell dept of defense manuals for  the M1. I had one from 1950. It had  the parts break down, depot matainance and tools. Ammo cost are resonable, reloading components are available. I could go on and on.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Epsilon, I f you have questions IM me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:01:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Are the Fultons M1 carbines barrels chromed lined?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top