Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 12:48:17 PM EDT
I LOVED the house I grew up in and said "If that house ever goes up for sale I wanna buy it"

Found out this week that the old house is indeed for sale. The lady who bought it from us died in the house.

Ummmmmmmmmm ... ... Nevermind, I'll pass.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#1]
you could get it cheap.  unless she died and wasnt found for a few days the house will be just as good as before
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#2]
afraid of ghosts?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:50:56 PM EDT
[#3]
It may have become infested with spiders after you sold it also.  Im sure you don't want that.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It may have become infested with spiders after you sold it also.  Im sure you don't want that.

tinypic.com/8x3qdg.jpg

DUDE !!!

That freaks even me out!!  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#5]
You can always go back but what's the point? You've already been there.

Move forward and break off your rearview mirror!

Full speed ahead! Fuck the torpedoes! Look out for the Exocet!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#6]
WTF. someone died in My Grandparents house....creeped me out when I was little.....then my balls dropped and I started to grow hair in funny places.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
WTF. someone died in My Grandparents house....creeped me out when I was little.....then my balls dropped and I started to grow hair in funny places.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

My wife's house is almost 90 years old.  I pretty much assume that someone has died in it at some point.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Grew hair in funny places?? like where? out of you fingernails because that would be pretty funny!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My wife's house is almost 90 years old.  I pretty much assume that someone has died in it at some point.

You h ave to accept that anytime you're moving into an older house.

Maybe using a euphemism will be helpful. Say the former owner 'went on to a happy place' instead of saying she died.

Then all you have to worry about are the ghosts.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You h ave to accept that anytime you're moving into an older house.

Maybe using a euphemism will be helpful. Say the former owner 'went on to a happy place' instead of saying she died.

Then all you have to worry about are the ghosts.

Oh I have no problem thinking that... But tell the ghosts that THEY are supposed to move on to a happy place... It is THEY that need convincing.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whoa whoa whoa  Why does your wife have her own house?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

she's morally opposed to sharing her house with a dutchman.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:49:54 PM EDT
[#15]

They decided to go "DUTCH" on it
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:57:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:58:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:58:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's ok...he's dutch...

Quoted:

Wiseguys, eh?  

LHD - it's a career thing.  Her job is in Nashville, and mine is in St. Louis, so we have a house in each city.  We'll probably be able to resolve it in two years or so (been doing it since 2000).  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd go back and buy the house I was born in .
Except its a huge 1800's Victorian that's in a historic
neighborhood now . Last I heard it was completely remolded
to original plans . Only with ultra modern domestic systems .

I drive by it once in a while and dream .....

If I only had a spare 2-3 million
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:17:24 AM EDT
[#20]
I bet you it seems smaller than you remember.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top