Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 11:47:33 AM EDT
Anyone used one? I saw one in Guns and Weapons and I am very intrigued.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:54:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I have shot one for ~1000rds or so, I like it.  It takes some getting used to, but shoots well.  There are two trigger pulls, the heavy is IIRC ~8lbs, the light is ~4lbs.  I have shot the 8lb trigger, and was able to pull off some very good groups with it in rapid fire. Ended the day with 2*10rds, 3.5 and 4in groups, 1 flyer, 12yds.  I also took it out to 35-40yds, and shot prone, I was able to hit a paper plate 8/10 if I shot slow.    I think the slow fire would be easier on the light trigger.  

I like the fact that the gun is always at ready, there is no safety other than your finger.  Thumbchecking it into your holster with only your gun hand is also important due to the safety, as to not shoot yourself in the leg.  

However, this is a gun where trigger discipline is very important.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a full size, and have been shooting it in both casual practice and IDPA, with full power HP.  I was going to carry the USP as my duty weapon.

It have the standard LEM module, and it is similar with the Glock safe-action trigger, although with a slightly longer pull (a light take up, then a firm pressure with ever so slightly creep, and then the release).  I preferr the trigger over the Sig DAK trigger.  One advantage, although marginized by my training, is the shooter can restrike a hangfired round without cycling the slide (I was too well trained in the rack-tap-bang drill).
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I may have to pick one up. I am looking for a carry gun that has a consistent trigger pull from first shot to last, but not another Glock.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:26:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a USPc .40 with the standard LEM trigger.  After shooting a GLOCK for years, the trigger took some getting used to, but it has grown on me.  I seldom shoot any other hand guns now.  

I've shot IDPA with it, my times are slightly higher than with a GLOCK, but it's real close

My gun has somewhere north of 5000 rounds thru it, and I've never had a malfunction.  All in all, it's a great gun.

I'm looking hard for a P2000SK in .40, and when I find one for a reasonable price, my GLOCK 27 is heading down the road.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I really like my P2000SK 40  You should look at those as well

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#6]
PLease tell me more about the P2000SK. How is it different from the the USP/USP Compact?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I havent shot one, but mechanically they are about the same, USP/c mags will fit the P2000, but not the other way around.  For this comparison, it is mainly dimensional differences, IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top