Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/2/2006 5:50:00 PM EDT
So, as I get older, I notice that once in awhile, I find a hair growin someplace odd like on my ear that is like an inch long. I know it was not there last night when I went to bed. THe thing must be growing like hell to get that long overnight. WTF??  Is this just me, or does it happen to all of us as we get older?

Aviator
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]
happens to me, and i'm only 18...

not on my ears though, that's kinda weird....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep.

You're getting old.  Just wait til your eyebrows start sprouting hairs an inch and a half long and tough enough to need wire cutters to get rid of them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Why oh why did I click on this thread.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I think BenDover just mentioned this in a thread.

I get the same thing too...I mean I must look in the mirror 10 times every day while brushing my teeth, shaving, and washing my hands...and then one day I look there's a fine white hair growing on my ear lobe.

It's freaky. I'm going to have to do a thorough inspection every morning to keep these things in check.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So, as I get older, I notice that once in awhile, I find a hair growin someplace odd like on my ear that is like an inch long. I know it was not there last night when I went to bed. THe thing must be growing like hell to get that long overnight. WTF??  Is this just me, or does it happen to all of us as we get older?

Aviator

I know your pain:
Why is beard hair starting to grow out of my eyebrow?

Quoted:
Apparently the red pubes are no longer satisfied with their territory on the lower half of my face, and have begun a hostile takeover of the upper half.

WTF?

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#6]
It is fun to guess where they will grow next.
Jim
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just wait til your eyebrows start sprouting hairs an inch and a half long and tough enough to need wire cutters to get rid of them.

I am there now.  

Starting to get really long nose hairs too.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I think BenDover just mentioned this in a thread.

I get the same thing too...I mean I must look in the mirror 10 times every day while brushing my teeth, shaving, and washing my hands...and then one day I look there's a fine white hair growing on my ear lobe.

It's freaky. I'm going to have to do a thorough inspection every morning to keep these things in check.

I have a clear one that grows right out of the middle of my forehead . . . first time I saw it it was almost an inch long.  Pull it and it doesn't come back for a year or two.  Got another one that grows out of my right eyebrow and was the better part of two inches before I found it the first time.

Then there was the one I felt tickling my nose . . . got a hold of it and yanked . . . thought I was going to pull my friggin' brain out.  Thing was as thick around as a cats whisker and almost 1-1/2 inches long FROM INSIDE MY NOSE!!!  That really hurt.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm 18 and I have one on my neck.  Suddenly there will be this thin inch long hair!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yep.

You're getting old.  Just wait til your eyebrows start sprouting hairs an inch and a half long and tough enough to need wire cutters to get rid of them.

My dad gets those, and he doesn't trim them, they get to be like 2 inches.  I taunt him without mercy.  Now I'm getting them too.  Karma's a bitch.  I trim them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought I was alone!!!

Right near the bone on my wrists... both wrists... exact spot on both wrists, you know, just opposite.  Big, coarse random hairs that grow to about a half inch before I notice they're back.

It just ain't right.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Rogue hairs?

You need MEGAFORCE Tactical Tweezers!
In use by unmentionable Elite Special Forces around the world.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:12:41 PM EDT
[#15]
You haven't had a good hair pull until you get one of the fat, waxy chin hairs that just slides out like a big thick blackhead!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:17:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You just don't notice the fine ear hairs most of the time.  Unless you're looking for them.

My wierdest hair growing on me to date was a pubic hair that I found that was about eight inches long.

CJ

WOW! I didn't need that much information.

My ears grow enough fine little hairs that I feel like a hobbit sometimes. I have also discovered that the scissors on my Swiss Army knife trim eyebrow and ear hairs very well.

Turning 40 started the hair growth. I can't wait to see what happens in a couple of years when I turn 50.
Jim
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Yup, got an ocassional one from my ear, and nose hairs have gone into overdrive since turning 31....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Does this explain why some folks put a gun to their head?    That's one helluva way to get rid of ear hair.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#20]
O GOD.... IT GETS WORSE?!   I'm 21, and I'd be hard pressed to draw a 6" line anywhere on my body without running into a hair.  This morning I pulled a hair growing from the bottom of my feet.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:48:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
O GOD.... IT GETS WORSE?!   I'm 21, and I'd be hard pressed to draw a 6" line anywhere on my body without running into a hair.  This morning I pulled a hair growing from the bottom of my feet.

I never had a hair grow on the bottom of my feet. You might want to get that checked.
Do you have any growing from the palm of your hand?

Jim
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:52:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:53:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
happens to me, and i'm only 18...

not on my ears though, that's kinda weird....

Those are just pubes son.  Everyone gets them.

- BG

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:04:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I never had a hair grow on the bottom of my feet. You might want to get that checked.

Jim

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Those little ear and nose hair trimmers really do come in handy after you hit 40.  Those dang hairs grow like weeds.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:11:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Those little ear and nose hair trimmers really do come in handy after you hit 40.  Those dang hairs grow like weeds.  

Why cut them?

I use them for my comb-over.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:22:42 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm 27 and not a very hairy person, but do have a bit of chest hair.  None on the back, but will notice a 1 inch solitary hair on my back shoulders every few months.  Like just out of nowhere they appear.  Also I've had lots more long ear hairs, and an eyebrow hair that was a good 3/4 of an inch. WTF?  I lose the hair on top of my head and now it's popping up in other parts of my body.  I even have hairs that grow out of the tip of my nose,  maybe just a few millimeters long, but I got to pluck them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:26:20 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jim

Turning into a werewolf?  

I was thinking more of his going blind if he doesn't stop.
Jim
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:33:08 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why cut them?

Fortunately, I am not folically challenged!  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:10:26 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aviator

I know your pain:
Why is beard hair starting to grow out of my eyebrow?

Quoted:
Apparently the red pubes are no longer satisfied with their territory on the lower half of my face, and have begun a hostile takeover of the upper half.

WTF?
img10.exs.cx/img10/6882/eyebrow6zx.jpg

I get both the thicker, lighter eyebrow hair, and the stray nasty one out of my ear. Just the one ear though...strange. Vigilance is called for.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:12:30 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
You just don't notice the fine ear hairs most of the time.  Unless you're looking for them.

My wierdest hair growing on me to date was a pubic hair that I found that was about eight inches long.

CJ

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:16:15 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
You haven't had a good hair pull until you get one of the fat, waxy chin hairs that just slides out like a big thick blackhead!

Oh yeh, that is a happy day! Sonofabitch was thick as 4 hairs or more!

Bob
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#36]
I know an older guy that has a white hair about one half inch long, growing out of the end of his nose. It sticks straight out and I don't know how he misses it. He must be legally blind. Its kind of gross looking.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:03:42 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeh, that is a happy day! Sonofabitch was thick as 4 hairs or more!

Bob

if you roll said hairs between your fingers after removal, you'll often find that they're multiple hairs that have fused together.

I pulled a hair out of my chin once that was very much like a bit of fingernail.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jim

I remember the time I was using Extra Strength Rogaine for a while.
I would rub it into my scalp without gloves, then one day I was at work
a girl noticed I had lots of hair growing on the palms of my hands.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Unfortunately I've inherited nosehairs from my granddad.

I tried on of those "microtouch" shavers (as seen on tv) and they do a good job of ripping said nosehairs clean out.  That or it cuts the septum (piece of meat between the nostrils).

any good ideas on suitable nosehair trimmers?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:21:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Are you a hobbit?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why cut them?

Do us all a favor and quit posting pics of yourself in your Ebay ads--and in the Team forum.  

What, you don't think I'm handsome?  

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:40:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why cut them?

Do us all a favor and quit posting pics of yourself in your Ebay ads--and in the Team forum.  

What, you don't think I'm handsome?  
i21.photobucket.com/albums/b265/bytor94/edh.jpg

It's not about "handsome"--it's about not being "folically challenged":  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=75&t=433541

(Link to thread in Team forum, so not visible to non-Team members--sorry!)

That was before I shaved!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#45]
On the subject of nose hairs, I have heard what I believe to be an urban legend, but may be true. Basically, if one pulls nose hairs, they run the risk of getting a potentially life-threatening infection (due to proximity to brain) in their nostril. Anyone able to shed more light?

BTW
I'm still a plucker
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#47]
I get those really coarse 2 inch hairs in my eyebrow sometime.  Must be the antennae!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jim

I remember the time I was using Extra Strength Rogaine for a while.
I would rub it into my scalp without gloves, then one day I was at work
a girl noticed I had lots of hair growing on the palms of my hands.

Sure, it was from the rogaine...ok...say no more, say no more
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:05:46 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
On the subject of nose hairs, I have heard what I believe to be an urban legend, but may be true. Basically, if one pulls nose hairs, they run the risk of getting a potentially life-threatening infection (due to proximity to brain) in their nostril. Anyone able to shed more light?

BTW
I'm still a plucker

I was always told that about popping zits, the infection going straight to the brain and POW. Dead in two days.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:19:03 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I get those really coarse 2 inch hairs in my eyebrow sometime.  Must be the antennae!

Mine make me look like a Bobcat until I trim 'em.
Jim
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top