Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 12:15:23 PM EDT
This may be a dupe.  I checked but found nothing.  It's probably not true, but funny nonetheless:

Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating: If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics (and I just love this part):

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a manoeuvre such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.

7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.

8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

10. You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats like 20 years old
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:20:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Thats like 20 years old

Almost all of that no long applies
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I would side with Bill Gates.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yeah I can only imagine how much worse a GM car would be if it had millions of parts.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:33:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yea that just funny as hell...

When GM is bankrupt I am sure it will be even funnier.

You got to wonder who would find that the least bit amusing considering GMs current situation.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Indeed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You got to wonder who would find that the least bit amusing considering GMs current situation.

Sorry about you being laid off

Maybe you shouldn't have been so union friendly
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No one said anything about being amusing.  I have had a hell of a lot less trouble from Microsoft products over the years than I have with GM cars I have owned.

GM and thier unions can kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Here we go again.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thats like 20 years old

It seems like 87 years old!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No one said anything about being amusing.  I have had a hell of a lot less trouble from Microsoft products over the years than I have with GM cars I have owned.

That was my point... if GM was run as well as MS they would not be on the brink of disaster.

BTW the author of this thread said he found it funny... amusing.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#12]
PEOPLE! It is not necessary to post every joke, horror-story, 'tragedy,' and glurge you get in your fucking inbox on ARFCOM! We've seen it before! All of it!

You aren't going to get a kid's last wish granted by posting an email! He's never heard of that email, and he's not dying! Bush didn't say "It's just a goddamn piece of paper" about the Constitution! We don't give a shit if you laughed at the "removal of independence" or whatever that shit is that's been circulated since 1998.

It's. Not. Fucking. FUNNY! So STOP!

This has been a Public Service Announcement from the STFU Foundation.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#13]
1995 called, they want their thread back.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was my point... if GM was run as well as MS they would not be on the brink of disaster.

And I still do, Mr.  No Sense of Humor.

Relax.  Have a beer.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:25:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, nevermind then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top