Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 8:13:07 AM EDT
My brother was over at the depot picking up a skid of roofing shingles. He has a 99 F250 4X4. Right next to him was a guy with a new 3500 series 4X4 Chebby with a diesel who was also getting a skid of shingles. The forklift driver put the other guys skid in first and the chebby just about hit the suspension stops. The guy then said to my brother, you are really gonna sag (because its only a 250). They put my brothers skid in and it settled so the truck sat level. Then the other guy proceeded to argue that my brothers truck has suspension mods and thats why his tired old 3/4 ton Ford outdid his brand new 1 ton chebby.  Just thought it was funny.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#1]
i didn't know they had trucks in NY

i thought they were only in redneck states
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:45:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah??

Pulled anything with a 1/2 ton lately?
They literally don't build 'em like they used to.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:49:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You have never been to upstate NY then.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:52:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You have never been in upstate NY have you?  Canandagua and places like that are as redneck as any place in the country.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:52:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yeah??

Pulled anything with a 1/2 ton lately?
They literally don't build 'em like they used to.

Actually, my dad has an 05 1500 sierra and I have an 04 F150. His truck is faster mine but mine is built far stronger
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:53:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Well most are called Escalades
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:56:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Actually, my dad has an 05 1500 sierra and I have an 04 F150. His truck is faster mine but mine is built far stronger

I have a '00 F150, it pulls better than my friend's '01 C1500 but neither of 'em are nearly as stout as older models.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:58:36 AM EDT
[#8]

New trucks are built to ride nice (empty) on the road. They did alot with the rates on the leaf packs. While they will carry their rated capacity, they will settle more.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:00:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Bro, there are many rednecks in NY  STATE
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:01:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
New trucks are built to ride nice (empty) on the road. They did alot with the rates on the leaf packs. While they will carry their rated capacity, they will settle more.

My point exactly.

It's a truck, it's supposed to ride like shit!  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That is very true for the GM trucks. The Fords still ride like a truck. As far as the newer vs older. I think the older suck. I have had both and a close friend has an older 250 and my new 1/2 is heavier duty than that old 250. I think GM has spent too much time with their trucks catering to the "soccer moms" of the world. Oh, which gives me another thought. What idiot gives a 5' tall woman and excursion or suburban to drive?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I have on a daily basis loaded my 2500 Dmax with 25 120 lb hay bales for feeding livestock and have seen it sag only about 4 inches, my next door neighbor has a Ford  f250 and he sags about the same maybe less. I get the Idea that you are kinda a ford guy by your reference to the chevy as a chebby wich kinda makes me think your just trying to slam the chevy.  You drive what you like and I will still work the hell outa my chevy on the farm/ranch.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#13]
omg i was just kidding guys
i should have added the  to the post
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
omg i was just kidding guys
i should have added the  to the post

Ok  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top