Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 10:23:00 PM EDT
A friend of mine is curious about the possible value of a WW2 era German Luger he has. Don't have a whole lot of info, just that it was brought back from the war by his grandfather.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:38:38 PM EDT
[#1]
there is a guy on here (P-08?) who posted his collection once, It looked like he had about 40 or more. maybe he can chime in.
ETA: his user name has P-08 in it, but I dont know the exact name.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm ignorant on Luger prices...

Just posting to say that if it were me, I'd encourage him to hold on to it.  If it's not now, in the future it will be worth much more to him as an heirloom and memento than the money will be.  He will regret it if he sells it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:40:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I would guess 800-1000, but I honestly have no factual information to back that up.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:43:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A friend of mine is curious about the possible value of a WW2 era German Luger he has. Don't have a whole lot of info, just that it was brought back from the war by his grandfather.

Thanks

Sorry I can't help you with the dollar value but if MY grandfather had brought it back from the war I'd pretty much sum it up as ... priceless... not for sale... look but don't touch... fuck you its mine... get out of my house!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:46:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think he wants to sell it, just curious about the value, maybe for insurance reasons. He was recently left a lot of guns after his grandfather's passing and doesn't know anything about them. He says he has one gun from 1888 that he has been told is worth 30-40K. No clue what it is though...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:49:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Go to Hastings and check their gun value book...they are not all the same...you need to check all the markings because that influences the price as well as condition...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I checked out Lugerforum.com and it looks like there are a lot of possible places and times it could have been made, all of which affect the value. He's going to take a bunch of pics of it this weekend, so we'll see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top