Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 10:48:39 PM EDT
Since I moved into a dorm this past year, I've had some one living and sleeping in the same room as I. Well, apparently, I have a sleep-talking issue. My roommate is a bit of an insomniac and tends to do his homework and such in the middle of the night while I sleep, and vice-versa fior myself during the day. While he was going over some material, I started yelling. Very loudly. At the begining of the year, it was simple, "Thank you," to my ends of conversations, like asking how people were and what I was up to (Thank God, I guess I'm not crazy! ).

But a week ago, I started a new phenomina! I started yelling in German! We'll he's minoring in German and French, so he started taking down some of what I was saying in phenetics, trying to figure it out, but I yell German commands in my sleep! They range from "LOS, LOS, LOS" to something like Pluts (Platz?), and even more complex like something that loosely translated to, "take the left flank and hold down the area to the north!"

He tried to record it, but it has happened only twice in the past week! Am I a reincarnation of a German officer (WW1, WW2?).

Rather odd...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
No your just fucked up, run don't walk and get a vasectomy.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:50:39 PM EDT
[#2]
You should buy a Mauser and a BMW.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:52:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You should buy a Mauser and a BMW.

I already got a Mauser...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:54:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No your just fucked up, run don't walk and get a vasectomy.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#5]
When I start to go to sleep, I yell out shit in Chinese.  I total am not Chinese and I never learned it b4, but my fiancee swears I yell it right after I fall asleep.  Hmmmmm......  Maybe this is a symptom of reincarnation.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
When I start to go to sleep, I yell out shit in Chinese.  I total am not Chinese and I never learned it b4, but my fiancee swears I yell it right after I fall asleep.  Hmmmmm......  Maybe this is a symptom of reincarnation retardedness / insanity.

Could very well be.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:59:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Go get Steel Beasts, set it to German.

TRANSPORTPANZER!
KA-EH GELADEN!
FEUR! EM-TSED GELADET!
ACHTUNG!
TREFFERBLITZ!

NTM
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:06:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
When I start to go to sleep, I yell out shit in Chinese.  I total am not Chinese and I never learned it b4, but my fiancee swears I yell it right after I fall asleep.  Hmmmmm......  Maybe this is a symptom of reincarnation retardedness / insanity.

Could very well be.

I hope everyone caught the satire in what I said.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:14:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Your roommate is bullshit'en you.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:36:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I suppose dreamstate gibberish can be interpreted by anyone in any language.

Maybe you were talking in tongues!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:40:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Just stay far away of our borders

Nicht schiessennnnnnnnnnnnnn
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:46:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Apparently I also live through battles in my sleep, though I rarely talk. I scared the crap out of my first roommate when he got up to get a drink and heard me say, clearly, "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you", which I remembered saying in a dream I'd had that night. He and my second roommate both swore that at least once a month I would say commands in english and german (only a little of which I know) and sometimes mix in spanish at random when speaking either one.

Apparently I speak better german while unconcious than conscious because my second roommate recorded me giving some pretty complicated orders (or vivid descriptions of some unknown person's dubious parentage, ancestry, sexual orientation and prowess, mental capacity, and my exact and detailed opinion of them using as many obscenities as possible) in my sleep on one occasion. I had to look up what half the words meant.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:46:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Sie hat Vergissen:

Stielhatgrenate
Flammenverfer
Stuka
Jawol, herr Feldwebel!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:22:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Your roommate is bullshit'en you.

Yeah, you're probably saying stuff like, "Nein, not in mein poopenshaft, bitte bitte!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top