Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/29/2006 12:26:52 PM EDT
with all this talk about welfare, how can i get some? i got money taken out of my check when i was working this summer (now a full time student at collge), and want that monwy back.

so how do i apply? can i get food stamps? money?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:27:15 PM EDT
[#1]
stfu and go to work.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:28:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
stfu and go to work.

Best advice quick and to the point
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
stfu and go to work.

I have actually applied at a lot of places, called them all the next day, all that, its just that jobs are hard to find around here, (college town) and i want my money back.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#4]
stop applying for CEO positions and you'll have better chances
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
stfu and go to work.

I have actually applied at a lot of places, called them all the next day, all that, its just that jobs are hard to find around here, (college town) and i want my money back.

Wash dishes,be a janitor, etc. Your not too good to do any of those jobs.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:34:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Sell drugs... duh
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
with all this talk about welfare, how can i get some? i got money taken out of my check when i was working this summer (now a full time student at collge), and want that monwy back.

Wow, you worked all summer and now you're a full time student?  You deserve a medal on top of welfare!

Keep looking for a job.  If you do apply for welfare, you're not welcome at arfcom anymore, leech.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
stfu and go to work.

I am.  I want some of my money back, too.

I want some of your money, as well.

Just give me the money, and we can cut out the middle man.

I don't want to wait on a check anyway.

I'm too good to wait for a check.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I was out of work for 3 years from a back injury and never got a dime from welfare, government or L and I. You worked a whole summer and expect some money back? You make me sick.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
stop applying for CEO positions and you'll have better chances

i dont think i am applying for "CEO" postions, i have applied to the following: subway, walmart, nextel, home depot, prison system, target, and a couple others i cant remember.

and I dont think i am "too good" for those jobs. a couple of weeks back, i worked a temp job at a dairy plant getting splattered with (really cold) rotten milk, egg nog, cottage cheese, OJ, and butte milk.

i also worked as a janitor for 3 summers in a row. they wanted me back, i did such a good job.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I was out of work for 3 years from a back injury and never got a dime from welfare, government or L and I. You worked a whole summer and expect some money back? You make me sick.

i have had quite a few jobs before, but this most recent one was the only one to take out money from my check.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:40:11 PM EDT
[#12]
www.fuckoffifyouareserious.com
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted: with all this talk about welfare, how can i get some? i got money taken out of my check when i was working this summer (now a full time student at collge), and want that monwy back. so how do i apply? can i get food stamps? money?
Show up at the local public welfare office with a New Orleans driver's license.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#14]
they call that income tax, buddy. get used to it.

ETA you want money from the government but are able to afford being a full time student? piss off.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#15]
If your parents still claim you as a dependent, you probably can't do it anyway.  Why don't you apply for Work Study or something?  Take out extra loan money to pay for room/board?  If you want a job at any of those places, you have to be aggressive.  Call them every few days and check on the status of your application; dont' let it sit in the pile and work its way to the bottom.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:45:51 PM EDT
[#16]
let me try and clarify something.

if the .gov is giving out money to scumbags, and drug dealers, and isnt going to stop, why would i be looked down upon for getting some? its there for the taking, and i promise to spend %50 on beer and ammo.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:47:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Let me try to clarify something for you.  Real men work for a living.  Pansies put their hand out.  If you are going to try to justify your actions by what the scum of the earth do, what does that make you?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Go apply at your local/county/state/federal welfare office.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Come to Mpls/ST/ Paul I will put you to work.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Who pays for your college?

I have worked every since I was 15. I worked the whole time I was in college. I never went more than two weeks without a job. Never got welfare, unemployment, nothing.  Your not looking hard enough. Fast food will hire anyone with a pulse.

By the way I am 38 now. And I don't see anything wrong with getting unemployment if you need it. I just never needed it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
www.fuckoffifyouareserious.com

Made it hot
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#22]
as far as i know this place is still hiring.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#23]
You are a full time student?

Which LIBERAL arts college are you enrolled in?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i have had quite a few jobs before, but this most recent one was the only one to take out money from my check.

Someone send blacbag223 a clue.

Dude, you better get used to paying taxes if you plan to work for a living.  Just for a heads up, 41% of my gross pay goes to Federal and Missouri state taxes.

(I wonder if this is another troll account of our last student friend from Texas.)
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks 22bad!

I was a business owner for about 8 years.  I got out and was happy about it.  Do I get unemployment?  Hell no.  I paid shit loads of taxes.  You should concentrate on lowering taxes, not getting money back from the government.  The government is us, it's our money.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:08:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

if the .gov is giving out money to scumbags, and drug dealers, and isnt going to stop, why would i be looked down upon for getting some? its there for the taking, and i promise to spend %50 on beer and ammo.

because it's lowlife people who are on welfare. If you are serious I consider you in the same group.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:15:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
stfu and go to work.

+1
That's what I do over the summer.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#28]
i have a scholarship that takes care of tuition fees, and room and board.

I work during the summers to support myself through the school year, so i dont have to ask my parent for money. NEVER once, have i asked my parents for money to just spend on stupid stuff that i want.

no liberal arts college here.

the army is hiring? really? good. I am in ROTC.

I dont care that they take money from my check (even though it is unconstitutional on the grounds of double taxation) i know that they have to to keep America afloat.

the government is handing out money. to anybody. why not me?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#29]
IBTL

You are a troll trying to aggravate the good members on the boards.  STFU

Getting a job in a college town is the easiest thing on the planet.  Someone has to wash the dishes in the cafeteria... they are ALWAYS looking for student employees.  Swiping some rich kid's meal card isn't brain surgery.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Let me try to clarify something for you.  Real men work for a living.  Pansies put their hand out.  If you are going to try to justify your actions by what the scum of the earth do, what does that make you?

Exactly.

Blackbag, your actions define who you are. You can be a stand up guy, or a whiney little bitch who expects society to take care of them. It is really, honestly your choice and it's really, honestly that exact choice that you're discussing here.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

Blackbag, your actions define who you are. You can be a stand up guy, or a whiney little bitch who expects society to take care of them. It is really, honestly your choice and it's really, honestly that exact choice that you're discussing here.

i really am a stand up guy, I have held down jobs before, but if the gooberment is giving out free cheese.........
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Let me clarify something , I dont care if you spend it on Hookers and Blow , I don't want you spending MY FUCKING MONEY!!!!!

asshat
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:39:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
i have a scholarship that takes care of tuition fees, and room and board.

I work during the summers to support myself through the school year, so i dont have to ask my parent for money. NEVER once, have i asked my parents for money to just spend on stupid stuff that i want.

Let's run this down:

- Your scholarship takes care of your survival needs (and this may already be coming from the government in some way shape or form).

- You work during the summer for additional spending money (since your scholarship takes care of all or your real needs).

So, you want the government to give you additional spending money.  Are you really that much of a douchebag?  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

i really am have been a stand up guy in the past, I have held down jobs before, but if the gooberment is giving out free cheese......... I'm willing to sell out and become a leech and bureaucratic begger for an amazingly small sum of money. My ethics and self belief aren't worth all that much to me anyhow.

You are defined by what you do. Supporting yourself in the past doesn't give you a free pass to demand that the rest of us support you now.

There are a lot of people in our society who not only want but expect a free ride at society's expense. They are some of the most contemptable beings in our society. You're considering joining their ranks. Holding up the fact that you used to pull your own weight doesn't make it better, it makes it worse.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Do your taxes... wait six months.  Shut up.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#36]
How about this. If you are so poor that you are about to go on welfare, maybe you should:

Sell the SIG under your pillow
Stop paying $20 on movies
Don't buy a level-action 30-06
Don't spend money on STHF gear

This thread is a shitty troll attempt.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:07:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
How about this. If you are so poor that you are about to go on welfare, maybe you should:

LOL

WOW you worked for a whole summer you poor lil thing.....

Matter of fact go  get on wlefare,sec8 ect  after 1-2 years youll get comfy,,forget why you even work and just become one of the many  sheeple sucking off the govy's tit...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL

Matter of fact go  get on wlefare,sec8 ect  after 1-2 years youll get comfy,,forget why you even work and just become one of the many  sheeple sucking off the govy's tit...

Dude, you know you are in the wrong when Protus ventures out of the Survival Forum to tell you what a douche bag you are.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:36:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL

Dude, you know you are in the wrong when Protus ventures out of the Survival Forum to tell you what a douche bag you are.

so true....... so true  .........

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:36:27 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

How did you get money and pay your bills?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:46:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Look here man.  I'm almost 22, and I'm supporting myself, and up until next week, my wife as well.  I was in a state college with a full privately-funded academic scholarship, and I realized that it just wasn't what I wanted to be doing.  I weighed the pros and cons, thanked the scholarship organization for their time - SOLD MY CAR TO PAY BACK THE TUITION I HAD USED - and quit.  I started a photography studio, and got a full time job.  Three years later, my business is starting to turn a small profit, all my equipment is paid off, I have a steady 40 hr/ week day job, and put another 20-30 / week into my business.  O yeah, I also have a wife I like to spend time with, and I try to squeeze a little "me time" in there.  

My wife just got a full-time job as well.  My statement, when we got married, is that she would never HAVE to work.  She doesn't have to.  She found a place that will pay her tuition to a beauty college, which - along with dance - is what she wants to do in life.  

All through the past 4 years, I've spent 100% of my own money doing the things I want to do.  I once went to the welfare office b/c I drove a disabled friend there.  I was curious, and told the guy at the counter what I was makign each month, and what my expenses were - for the next 2 hours i was there, every 10 minutes I had a different brochure shoved into my hands.  Evidentally I qualified for all kinds of stuff - stuff that I didn't need.  If you ever want to see what America is becoming, go sit in the welfare office sometime.  99% of the people there could make enough money to get by if they just closed their legs, got out of bed, and got a fucking job.  Maybe they wouldn't be rich, or driving a decent car, or even driving a car at all - so WHAT!?  

Grrrr. Sorry.  This angers me.  I walked home from work today, about 3 miles, because my wife has the car today.  If I had your attitude, I'd have gone out and bought a new car when she got the job.  Instead, I'm walking.  I hae the credit, but I don't buy things on credit.  In the end, I'm going to end up surrounded by a lovign family and all the things I've worked for in life, and you'll be surrounded in mounting piles of credit card bills and loan payments.

O yeah, and since I'm walking 6 miles a day, I'll be ready to bug out when TSHTF, and you'll be too out of shape to get 5 miles!

Get off your lazy ass, find a job, and quitchyerbitchin!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Wait! Wait! My turn to troll now...

This sounds like a good gig. I've decided I don't want to work anymore. SCREW IT! I'm going to go on welfare and live off of everyone else (YOU), and the very BEST part is, I'm not going to pay rent or buy food with the money (I'll hold a freeway sign for THAT), I'm going to buy guns, on your dime, and post pix! Damn! Why didn't I think of this before! GOOD LIFE, here I come!

Work harder boys! The Wiz wants to buy a (dozen) new AR15!

Okay, okay.... I can dream....

ETA: This **IS** an intentional troll!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:59:45 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
IBTL

Getting a job in a college town is the easiest thing on the planet.  Someone has to wash the dishes in the cafeteria... they are ALWAYS looking for student employees.  Swiping some rich kid's meal card isn't brain surgery.

In this case however, I say it's not the troll's fault people are THAT fucking gullible.  It's pretty obvious he's being facetious, and yet people are getting themselves all riled up and foaming at the mouth.  Buncha rocket scientists, they must be.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBTL

In this case however, I say it's not the troll's fault people are THAT fucking gullible.  It's pretty obvious he's being facetious, and yet people are getting themselves all riled up and foaming at the mouth.  Buncha rocket scientists, they must be.  

too true!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL

so true....... so true  .........

OWNED!!!

Go get a job... WTF...MiccyD's aint hiring
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I dunno, I say the Troll-Fu is strong in this one    He's doing a good job so far.

Lookit how wound up everybody is in just two pages.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#48]
You guys just don't get it.  He's just like the rest of us.  He worked hard, he paid in, and now he wants his money's worth.

I have a full time job, support myself, go to school, etc.  If I lost my job, I'd get unemployment.  Know why?  Although I believe taxation is theft, "IT'S THEFT OF MY FUCKING MONEY!"

Who are you assholes to tell someone that has paid into the system that he can't draw from it?  That's a bunch of crap.

The government handouts are going to every crack dealer and unwed mother on earth.  They might as well go to a young man who's obviously making an investment in his future, by offering to serve in the United States Army when he graduates.

You guys need to get a clue.  You don't combat socialism by telling someone to get a job.  You do it at the ballot box.  For now, I want every fucking cent the government has stolen from me back, if I'm entitled to it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dunno, I say the Troll-Fu is strong in this one    He's doing a good job so far.

Lookit how wound up everybody is in just two pages.

and in these words there is truth..............
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
stfu and go to work.

What school do you go to?

(I'm at UT - and the job market here isn’t great - too many over qualified, over educated people.  Thank God I don't have to work and go to school - I do work 45 hour weeks on the breaks)  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top