Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 7:18:34 AM EDT
I went out today and checked the culvert between our house and the Catholic church and found some people camping out in it.  I woke them up and gave them an hour to beat it.  They left but left all their shit there, imagining they'd come back and get it I guess....but I've drug most of it out and it's going to the trash...  I've marked it "No Trespassing" but it's too attractive an area with good tree cover and no visibility unless you're standing right on top of them.

Probably violated their civil rights...

ETA I left some of their personal stuff (a Bible, two small packs and a suitcase) in a grocery cart off the curb in the street.  Took the stove, groundcover and anything else that was trash or would make sleeping on the ground comfortable.  They had a typical homeless sign for soliciting at a local intersection.  Cigarettes and booze and some evidence one was a woman.  What makes it a little dangerous is the campstove and all the lighters and matches as they're in an area of dry leaves and grass and big trees.  There was a bus ticket that indicated they'd come from Vegas around the 20th of December to Long Beach.  I called the Police the last time this happened but they didn't follow up after checking the camp out.  We contacted the Community Policing unit and they dropped the ball.  As long as I know the drill I'm OK with handling it myself.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:19:46 AM EDT
[#1]
punji sticks
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:21:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:23:29 AM EDT
[#3]
hide in the bushes with a supersoaker full of vinegar.  wait for them to set up camp, and then open up on em'!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:24:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
hide in the bushes with a supersoaker full of vinegar.  wait for them to set up camp, and then open up on em'!

or go to the sporting goods store and get some skunk scent or coyote urine scent
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:27:35 AM EDT
[#5]
next thing ya know, they'll be owning your house and land!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:33:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
hide in the bushes with a supersoaker full of vinegar doe-in-heat urine.  wait for them to set up camp, and then open up on em'!

Not that I don't mind them smelling like a douche bag....
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:35:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I finally made it down to the library to check in here on ARFCOM and I find this!!  You had better not throw my belongings out!  Hey, at least keep those 3 day old Honeybuns for me, those are good.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:35:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

or go to the sporting goods store and get some skunk scent or coyote urine scent

Dude, he's trying to get them to stay away, not attract them!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:37:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I finally made it down to the library to check in here on ARFCOM and I find this!!  You had better not throw my belongings out!  Hey, at least keep those 3 day old Honeybuns for me, those are good.

Sorry, the chickens already got the honeybuns....
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:38:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:41:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, the chickens already got the honeybuns....

Nothing personal, but I am taking a crap in your yard tonight.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:46:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Got CS canisters? Great fun can be had with them.

I don't know that from personal experience.

I do...  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:57:18 AM EDT
[#13]
It is probably a hate crime in California.  The ACLU will have it's A team of lawyers visit you shortly.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#14]
You got Hobos camping in your culvert and you kicked them out ?

Are you mad, man ?

You should have given them a friendly greeting, and they might have shared some of their delicious "Hobo Chili" with you.

Mmmmm, mmmm. Hobo Chili, made with those special secret hobo spices. Nothing beats it.

What's that ...................... excuse me, I think I hear a freight train that has a boxcar with my name on it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:07:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Gimmie my stove back, you asshole.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Plant some posion oak there.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Hire some illegal aliens to beat 'em up.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:23:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Your Welcome
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top