Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/26/2006 1:59:23 PM EDT
I have a cousin that is on the shady side. He made a lot of money making and selling fake Gucci bags and bringing them into the US years ago.  He is legit now but I remember as a kid, a large truck pulled up to my house in the middle of the night and disgorged several thousand Gucci fakes into my basement.  He gave me a $100 bill to unload the truck.  Not bad when you were 14.  

We took a whole bunch and my mom's friend, teachers etc all got Gucci bags for Christmas that year.

But he was always looking for an angle and trying make money quick.  No jail time but he did flee from the FBI and couldn't come back into the US for a while.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#1]
He died.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I think my sister used to down load free music from Kazaa.
Does that count?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:05:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately, I do.  A cousin on my mom's side served a couple years in prison. My brother has been arrested a few times, too.

I, however, don't have never gotten so much as a traffic ticket.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Every family has its black sheep.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Some of them have a whole herd of black sheep.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:06:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Let's be honest. We ALL probably are, to some extent.

Probably nothing serious like rapists or murderers, but how many here haven't, perhaps, twisted a few digits on a tax return, or not mentioned the fact that the checkout kid didn't scan an item?

As for me: Guilty.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#7]
After my grandmother died, my aunt went a little nutso.  Objects in the house weren't included in the will so she tried to take everything.  She forged checks, used my grandmother's credit cards, etc.  She, my dad and my uncle had a messy battle, I'm not sure on all the details.  The house they grew up in which my aunt took over eventually went to hell; it was condemned and she got kicked out.  We haven't spoken to her in about 11 years.  She may be into drugs or prostitution now; we don't know, and frankly, don't care.  Our lives are much simpler to live without that woman fucking them all up.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:07:47 PM EDT
[#8]
my brother got a dui
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Aren't we all criminals?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#10]
My dad's siblings are a real messed up bunch. Most of them are married to abusive spouses, are the abusive spouse, been jailed for drug dealing, been jailed for burglary/robbery/car theft etc.  We generally don't associate with them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#11]
pot...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:31:00 PM EDT
[#12]
about as many as doctors.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#13]
My great grandfather was a kangaroo judge in east Texas. He caught one of his "friends" porking his
wife and all hell broke loose. He beat the guy senseless and then told him he would kill him if he ever
saw him in town again. One week later he saw his "friend" from his second story office window so he
shot him dead...no charges were filed. My great grandfather was a worthless POS from what I've
been told.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Yep, a cousin on the far side of the gene pool.  He's an alcoholic and a deadbeat to boot.  Funny how criminals are always self abusive.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#15]
"Just as every cop is a criminal, and all the sinners (are) saints..." Hope you guessed my name!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:41:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
"Just as every cop is a criminal, and all the sinners (are) saints..." Hope you guessed my name!

Cool, I love Duran Duran
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#17]
My brother in-law's girlfriend is a whore....
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:44:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Yea… Hitler by marriage.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Any criminals in your family?

Define criminal... As in politicians? Sure, a few.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:45:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I had a cousin who in the early 70's blew a cop and a liquor store owner away.  This was in Cleveland.  He went home and barricaded himself inside, then walked out with a pistol to his temple and pulled the trigger.  What a piece of shit.

I was too young at the time to know him.  No one called my mother to tell her, and she went to the grocery store the next morning and her nephew on the front page of the paper.   All of my aunts kids were useless, crime ridden people.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Had a cousin who killed someone as a teen. He got out a few years ago on parole. Got caught a few years later for a few felonies, I think arson related. Never actually met him.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#22]
My Great-Great-Grandmother went crazy and killed her husband after he filed for divorce.

SBG
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#23]
My grandfather's brother went down for murder. The story as I heard it (happened like in the 50s or something) He caught his wife cheating, so he froze her little yapping dog in the deep freeze as revenge to get back at her. When she came home, he flipped on her after showing it to her and beat her to death....with the frozen dog.

I don't know how much of that story is actually true, but it's been told over and over every time I visit my grandparents. *shrug*
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Nope.  I had a cousin that had alot of proablems in school, but he seemed to strighten his life out, and as far as i know, he hasn't been arrested!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Grandpa killed two guys.

Thats all your getting out of me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#26]
None that got caught
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm a lawyer.  Does that count?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Yeah, but they're all white-collar criminals so that doesn't count.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I think it would be easier to say who in my family doesn't have a criminal record

Tim, Drugs Assault Pipe bomb

Ralph Drugs and Assault

Kim Armed Robbery

Biological Mother, Drugs

Biological Grandmother DUI, and Drugs.

Biological Grandfather Assault, and Several DUIs

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you looked up my family name in the Alaska court records, you would suck up the band width of the entire internet.

I am the black sheep of the family because i am not a black sheep.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:01:51 PM EDT
[#31]
I have some relatives who shot up a courthouse and killed a few people some decades ago....

www.theroanoker.com/favoritearticles/hillsvillemassacre.cfm
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:03:23 PM EDT
[#32]
My grandmother was busted for growing certain plants and selling them and alchohol in a dry county, at the age of 64.  I never met her brother because he was always in jail.  My great grandpa was run out of a certain state for making and running moonshine.  I'm certain my grandpa does stuff, but never got busted.  My brother has been busted for internet activities.  My dad has been questioned about some activities.  I was adopted.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#33]
"The amount of time spent on death row can vary. The longest amount of time spent on death row before execution is 6,114 days (16.75 years) by Jerry Joe Bird"

My mom's first cousin.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:33:07 PM EDT
[#34]
I've an uncle that used to be a bit of a criminal... Not sure what he did exactlly but he hid from the cops for awhile. Ands been arrested a few times.

I used to DL movies off the internet, I looked at it as borrowing not stealing, cause I'd delete it as soon as I watched it.  Liked it better then renting cause it saved me a trip to town ( Live in country), and $2:50 Could also get movies weeks before it was out in theaters.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#35]
My sister is a convicted felon, did some prison time. She has since gotten married (to a slug) and has a gaggle of children and no longer occupies time on the dark side. Unfortunately, that felony conviction prevents her from gaining decent employment so she can leave the loser.....

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Any criminals in your family?

Define criminal... As in politicians? Sure, a few. hr

do you mean only the ones we got caught for?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:49:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Nobody in family has really ever been in much trouble. Now my ex-wife on the otherhand is a two-time felon and has a few years of probation under her belt these days. Luckily I left before all that went down.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#38]
....but seriously....Grandpa was a bank robber....so was dad's brother......that uncle also used to cultivate certain things, that sorta look like tomatoes......(I thought he told me to water the tomatoes....shit ,I was only 8)....sis has been to prison.......nothing more than traffic tickets for me, though.....I am the good son.....
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you looked up my family name in the Alaska court records, you would suck up the band width of the entire internet.

Hey, I have criminal relatives in AK too!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Nobody in family has really ever been in much trouble. Now my ex-wife on the otherhand is a two-time felon and has a few years of probation under her belt these days. Luckily I left before all that went down.

when you left her, she just fell apart..........lol
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#41]
My wifes half brother is in prison for life.

http://www.state.in.us/judiciary/opinions/previous/archive/10220301.rts.html
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#42]
My Great-Grandfather and his brother were loansharks in Chicago. They had ties to organized crime. They also pioneered the technique of filling an innertube with gasoline, setting it on fire, and throwing it on your roof while you were sleeping if you didn't pay.

My Grandfather shot several people and ran moonshine from Georgia to Chicago while he was in the Air Force. My Uncle has a .32 Beretta that my Grandfather stole from an Italian policemen. Evidently he had a decent side though. Before he retired from the AF as a Master Sergeant, he managed to save several aircrewmen from two different crashs, and was crew chief of a B-47 that is now in the AF museum at Dayton. And, being such a nice guy, when he commited suicide, he did it in the parking lot of a funeral home, leaving a note with detailed instructions and full payment.

I have a 2nd cousin in Key West who makes his living salvaging yachts off the coast. The owners have been killed for the boat(not by my cousin), in order to use it for drug traffic. He also sells whatever drugs he finds drifting off the coast. He used to run guns to resistance fighters in Cuba, but was caught and incarcerated there for a while.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#43]
My  sister in law is a professional drug addict ,
and my 21 y.o.nephew is going down the same path, he has already spent 6 months in a boot camp for shoplifting and getting caught with drugs.
both are bums that will not work,and  are supported by their parents.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
My grandfather's brother went down for murder. The story as I heard it (happened like in the 50s or something) He caught his wife cheating, so he froze her little yapping dog in the deep freeze as revenge to get back at her. When she came home, he flipped on her after showing it to her and beat her to death....with the frozen dog.

*snarf*

err <ahem>  

Sorry.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#45]
My dad did some time on the county farm, and a couple of his brothers did some time too.  I was in court a lot as a juvenile, but not since I turned 18, and never locked up for more than a couple of hours.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:30:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Yep.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:41:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:51:38 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, I have criminal relatives in AK too!

I met a lady once who asked my name because I had a resemblance to some folks she worked with.  She worked at the prison, and these were not co-workers she was talking about.  

More than likely your relatives are near where I live if they are incarcerated.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:53:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:33:40 AM EDT
[#50]
I had a cousin who almost voted for a demacrap once, that's a criminal act as far as I'm concerned.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top