Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 8:15:21 AM EDT
Going up to a very rural area, and I need to clear out, about 3/4 acre of land for vehicle parking, and a campsite.  I can't get a bobcat, up there as the trails aren't wide enough,  I have enough room to get my truck up there.  Soo my question is there any easy way to do this.  I am a little nervious about burning it because I don't really have a steady water source up there to control a burn.  Anybody have any tips or tricks that may make this less back breaking?  Think work smarter not harder.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:16:21 AM EDT
[#1]
A controlled burn should get the job done as long as it ain't too windy.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#2]
What kind of Trees/Brush do you need to clear out?

Is it thick overgrown and just a Jungle?

DR field and brush mower would be suggestion if it is not mature trees.

Some rental centers will rent them.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:19:30 AM EDT
[#3]
If you can get your truck in, you can get a small Bobcat in. Other option is rent a Chipper and go nuts with a Chain Saw.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:21:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I hadn't thought of that but I have some major trees in the way.  But about how wide are those, as the trail I have to get up there is barely wide enough to accomodate my truck.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:25:37 AM EDT
[#5]
If you can get a truck in, you can get a bobcat in.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#6]
So bobcat sounds like the best option, how big of a truck would I need to pull one?  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:36:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Going up to a very rural area, and I need to clear out, about 3/4 acre of land for vehicle parking, and a campsite.  I can't get a bobcat, up there as the trails aren't wide enough,  I have enough room to get my truck up there.  Soo my question is there any easy way to do this.  I am a little nervious about burning it because I don't really have a steady water source up there to control a burn.  Anybody have any tips or tricks that may make this less back breaking?  Think work smarter not harder.

Chainsaw for the big tree, then cut em to smaller lengths and chop wood for fires.

Regarding the other stuff I hear, as someone else already suggested, DR stuff is pretty good.

They also make weedwhackers that can accept a steel blade instead of the nylon string.  Good for larger brush.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:58:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Ever hear of a dozer.  With it you can widen the trail and clear the area.  Now wasn't that simple.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top