Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 11:07:47 AM EDT
www.breitbart.com/news/na/060111122728.hzvns0yv.html

A spider that nested in the ear of a Swedish woman was discovered and removed alive after 27 days.

The black spider, "the size of a thumbnail", crept into the woman's ear while she was sleeping and went undiscovered for almost a month, Swedish tabloid Expressen reported Wednesday.

The woman, whose name was not disclosed, told the paper that she at first experienced "a slight loss of hearing" and assumed that she had a build-up of wax.

But when she heard "a scratching sound" in her ear she decided to go to the pharmacy to buy a cleanser to wash out her ear cavity.

When she did so, the spider was flushed out alive and crawled away.

The woman recalled having seen a spider on her bed in November, 27 days earlier.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Um, ewwwww!

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe I already harassed the iminent Mr. Fridge in Team with this story.

Best quote, from someone else was:

"I hate just about everything about this story."

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Itsy bitsy spider crawled in the ear canal......

Wear ear plugs DrFrige, wear ear plugs when you go to sleep tonight....

You will never be able to sleep the same again....
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:28:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Not a day goes by at any urban ER that people don't come in with cockroaches in the ear canal.  We would gently put in sterile mineral oil, wait a while, and then suction and irrigate them out.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Not a spider, but pretty close:

At Camp Lejeune in 1990 my platoon was on a short break during a forced march. I immediately did the rucksack flop and fell dead asleep. I was awoken to some kind of loud crackling noise and a really intense pain in my ear. I started scrambling around trying to jam my finger in there, but couldn't get the reach on it. My buddy turned my head sideways and knelt on my jaw and temple while he slowly trickled water into my ear from his canteen. A ginormous black ant floated out of my ear canal and he picked it up to show it to me before letting me up to stomp it to death.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!111

NASTY!!!

I get it tho...Uh-huh.

Many years ago on the midwatch during a field operation at Pendleton down at Red Beach, one of my guys, who had been dozing between "attacks" by the BGs (We were playing defense then.), sat bolt upright and began yelling!  .  There was this fucking big TARANTULA crawling over the sand bags...  The damn spider had crawled over him...AND MAYBE ME TOO!!! as it transited peacefully out of our fighting hole.

I swear, if he'd had any live ammo and no BFA...he's have started fucking WW III!

I didn't know whether to piss my pants laughing or puke.  I just told him to STFU.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Not a day goes by at any urban ER that people don't come in with cockroaches in the ear canal.  We would gently put in sterile mineral oil, wait a while, and then suction and irrigate them out.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:52:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

fuck me

thanks man, now I'll never get to sleep tonight

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Not a spider, but pretty close:

At Camp Lejeune in 1990 my platoon was on a short break during a forced march. I immediately did the rucksack flop and fell dead asleep. I was awoken to some kind of loud crackling noise and a really intense pain in my ear. I started scrambling around trying to jam my finger in there, but couldn't get the reach on it. My buddy turned my head sideways and knelt on my jaw and temple while he slowly trickled water into my ear from his canteen. A ginormous black ant floated out of my ear canal and he picked it up to show it to me before letting me up to stomp it to death.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!111

Obviously you were receiving too many rations, or you would have eaten the ant alive!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:56:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks ARFCOM.

I am officially creeped out.

Now I am going to have to sleep with my hearing pro on.

The next time one of you bastards comes across one of these happy little anecdotes, keep it to your DARN self!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:44:34 PM EDT
[#13]
bump
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top