Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 10:09:51 PM EDT
What model of EOTec is the Bushnell HOLOsight equal to. Why do they seem less expensive than the EOTec's.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:13:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What model of EOTec is the Bushnell HOLOsight equal to. Why do they seem less expensive than the EOTec's.

www.bushnell.com/products/riflescopes/specs/images/51-0021.jpg

They are cheaper because they are less sturdy is my understanding.  I'm not sure on the model equiv.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:16:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Eotech's work even with a bullet hole through the recticle.  Same reason Aimpoints and ACOG's are more expensive than their respective clones.  They are BETTER.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Eotech's work even with a bullet hole through the recticle.  Same reason Aimpoints and ACOG's are more expensive than their respective clones.  They are BETTER.

Ummm Correct me if I am wrong but if a bullet goes through the recticle, Wouldn't I be fucked anyway so who cares if it works after?

MY RETINA is what needs to work all the time!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:24:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummm Correct me if I am wrong but if a bullet goes through the recticle, Wouldn't I be fucked anyway so who cares if it works after?

hopefully you aren't looking thru it when it gets hit
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hopefully you aren't looking thru it when it gets hit

Well thats what Im gettin at...

What are the price differences?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Unless I'm grossly mistaken, the only functional difference between the Holosight and the EOTECH is that the Eotech has an aluminum shroud and slightly different controls. Internally and optically they are identical.

You should be able to punch a hole in the Holosight glass and it still work.

The Holosight is not a cheap clone of the Eotech. The Eotech is a more protected version of the Holosight for mil. use.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#7]
nevermind
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:40:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You SIR, crack me up!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top