Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 4:54:09 AM EDT
I have a Excel file that I want to color-code. Say 5 different colors.

Is there a way to hide all cells of a certain color?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:56:18 AM EDT
[#1]

You can select the cells you want then right click and select "hide".

Shok
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:58:45 AM EDT
[#2]
www.excelforum.com/

I think you need to make a macro or script to do that but it can be done.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:59:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I should have been more specific.

The colored cells are going to be mixed togeather. It would be easier if I could color all related cells, say RED, then be able to hide all the other colors but leave the RED cells. I would rather be able to do it with a command than pick each cell.

Is this possible?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:25:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I should have been more specific.

The colored cells are going to be mixed togeather. It would be easier if I could color all related cells, say RED, then be able to hide all the other colors but leave the RED cells. I would rather be able to do it with a command than pick each cell.

Is this possible?

yes, but you will need to program a script to do it, as excel has limited cell coloring functionality. You can try messing with the Conditional Formatting function, under the Format menu, but in order to hide/unhide cells with a specfic color you will need to make a script.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top