Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 10:41:29 PM EDT
I live out in the country and up till about a year ago dial up was my only option. I had AOL because I was able to play the 'free trial' game for about a year or so. I have Sprint DSL now with EarthLink e-mail. Thank God.

When I got the DSL connected I only had a couple of days to get everything changed over before AOL was shut off. It was the end of the billing cycle and they don't pro rate. I wasn't paying another month of AOL for a day or two of e-mail. I had to get all of my accounts switched to my new e-mail. You know how most of them are, you have to get a confirmation e-mail at the original address. Banks, credit cards, forums, online stores, etc. I had a huge list.

Anyway, here's my problem. When I had AOL you had to use their e-mail service, no Outlook Express, etc. I hated it but had no choice. I could save my e-mails 'on my computer,' so I thought. I have a ton of important e-mails saved but didn't think I needed to waste time forwarding them all because they were saved, I was wrong. Turns out the only way I can access them is through AOL because they are saved as a .PFC file. From what I read online that is Personal Filing Cabinet, an AOL file. They are saved on my computer but I can't open them.

I want to get all of this AOL crap off of my computer but I need those e-mails. I found a place online that has a service where you can send them your .PFC files and they will change them to .PST, Outlook format. Of course they charge for the service and get to look at all of my personal info, not.

Any one know of any freeware program or something. I was thinking I could sign up again for a free trial and forward all of them before I cancel.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#1]
doh, nevermind...too late for that
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Try Emailchemy 1.6.

edit to change the link, it pointed to the mac version.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top