Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2006 12:29:28 PM EDT
What illegal alien problem, I wonder if this horrific crime will be on the evening news(no, it won't)

Illegal alien held in twin slayings, kidnapBrothers, 14 & 7, beaten to death in family basement
WAYNE PARRY
Associated Press
www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/news/nation/13677963.htm
STAFFORD TOWNSHIP, N.J. - A family who took in an illegal immigrant as a boarder paid for it with the lives of their two children, whose skulls he bludgeoned with a hammer before kidnapping their mother, authorities said yesterday.
Shivering and soaking-wet after hiding in a drainage ditch near a Garden State Parkway rest area overnight, a coatless Richard Toledo, who also may be known as Richard Toledo Gonzalez, surrendered meekly to authorities yesterday morning after a Spanish-speaking state trooper convinced him to give up.
It was a far cry from the violence authorities say he perpetrated the night before at the home he shared with the woman who took him in and her sons, ages 14 and 7. The boys' bloodied, battered bodies were found in the basement Thursday night by their father after he got a call from his wife saying she had been kidnapped.
Wanda Gonzalez, 38, somehow managed to call her estranged husband, Carlos, on a cell phone sometime before 8 p.m. Thursday, saying she had been abducted and was being forced to withdraw money from a Commerce Bank automated teller machine, State Police Capt. Al Della Fave said.
Carlos Gonzalez then drove to their home in the Ocean Acres section of Stafford Township, where he called police at 8:54 p.m. to report his wife missing, Ocean County Prosecutor Thomas Kelaher said. A police officer responded, and was in the house when Carlos Gonzalez went to the basement, discovering the blood-soaked bodies of his sons Karlo, 14, and Zabdiel, 7.
The crime scene was so bloody that the first officers on the scene thought the children had been stabbed to death. Further investigation determined they had been beaten to death by a hammer, which authorities later recovered.
Their father collapsed upon seeing the bodies. He was taken to Southern Ocean County Hospital, where he was treated for shock and later released.
Meanwhile, about 25 minutes earlier, his wife, who had been bound with neckties and wire, broke free of her bonds and bolted from a white minivan in which Toledo, 24, who is not related to the victims' family, had been driving her north on the Parkway when he stopped at the Monmouth rest area in Wall Township to buy gasoline.
"She was in the van and broke loose from her bonds and was yelling and screaming for help," said John Langenbacher, the night manager of the Mobil station.
The suspect jumped out of the van holding a knife and yelled at her to get back in the vehicle, but she continued running away, taking refuge inside the service station office. Toledo then ran north on foot into a wooded area.
State police responded and set up a mile-wide perimeter around the rest area, periodically halting traffic on the Parkway. More than 100 officers, six K-9 teams and a helicopter joined the search.
But it was not until 3:25 a.m. when the suspect used his cell phone to dial 911 that authorities pinpointed his location.
"He said he was cold and wet and wanted to know what do to," Della Fave said.
A 911 operator transferred the call to the cell phone of a state police lieutenant on the scene, Anthony Sempkowski, who spoke to him in rudimentary Spanish for awhile. He turned the phone over to Trooper Eliecer Ayala, who had driven from the Bloomfield barracks in North Jersey to help with the search.
"He goes, 'I'm cold,"' Ayala said. "I said, 'Richard, where are you?' He said, 'I'm in the woods. I can see the gas station, I can see the highway, and I can see camiones,' which is the Mexican term for vehicles that are not cars.
"Then as soon as I started talking to him, the call dropped and his battery died," Ayala said.
Knowing the suspect was close by, Ayala got into his patrol car and broadcast an appeal over the vehicle's loudspeaker for Toledo to surrender.
He emerged from the woods east of the rest area, walked across the northbound lanes of the Parkway, and stepped over a guardrail into the parking lot of the rest area - directly in front of the car of a television reporter who was preparing for a broadcast.
Toledo was charged with two counts of murder, kidnapping and robbery, and ordered held on $2 million bail.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:40:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Reporting for BTT duty.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Gee, I wonder what he had planned for this woman who's kids he had butchered?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#3]
[Liberal Apologist]But... but... but... the undocumented immigrants just want to make a living in El Norte... they will never hurt anybody...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:17:12 PM EDT
[#5]

A family who took in an illegal immigrant as a boarder paid for it with the lives of their two children, whose skulls he bludgeoned with a hammer before kidnapping their mother

Just remember, after it comes to YOUR neighborhood(or family),I predict(ed) the normalization
of kidnapping in America by the illegals..............it has already come to MY neighborhood
(it is an ongoing INDUSTRY in mexico)
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#6]
It has gotten to the point that every time I hear the word "document" I want to rip somebody's goddamned head off.

In normal, everyday life I just use the word "papers" instead.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#7]
All of you are racists!!!

+1 for landmines.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It has gotten to the point that every time I hear the word "document" I want to rip somebody's goddamned head off.

In normal, everyday life I just use the word "papers" instead.

The senate has come up with MORE pc words to describe their plans regarding the illegals........

"normalizing undocumented residents"
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:25:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Build the Wall! Now.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#10]
so, were some legal Mexicans helping out an illegal?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
so, were some legal Mexicans helping out an illegal?

Looks like it, they said the woman had an illegal for a boarder, not a boyfriend..............
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Charge the mother with:

Endangering the welfare of a child - 2 counts

Assisting a murder - 2 counts

Harboring a fugitive - 1 count
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Charge the mother with:

So you want to destroy someone else's life that has already been destroyed?

She doent need to be charged with anything...
She took in a border...just gave him too much of the benefit of the doubt...

Anyhow... How did this shitbag get BAIL?
Double murders and shithead gets BAIL? WTF ?
We all know that this scum will never make $2M BAIL, but still, WTF?

This guy needs to hang, but being NJ, he will probably get a long prison sentance and get deported if he ever gets out
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Charge the mother with:

This guy needs to hang, but being NJ, he will probably get a long prison sentance and get deported if he ever gets out

You don't think she should be held responsible for the two kids deaths? I think she betrayed her kids...........

As far as the illegal goes, he will probably get a short sentence and be given amnesty when he gets out
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Same crap happned here in Va. the goverment dosen't care about it's citizens anymore only the "human rights" of people that are invading the country and living off the fat tit of america. Hell up in Herndon Va they built a F&%(ing place for illegals to meet so they could be picked up by contractors.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:08:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Same crap happned here in Va. the goverment dosen't care about it's citizens anymore only the "human rights" of people that are invading the country and living off the fat tit of america. Hell up in Herndon Va they built a F&%(ing place for illegals to meet so they could be picked up by contractors.

We have several of them here. Fuckers don't use them though. Instead they loiter in parking lots and on corners.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:09:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I hate to throw some fuel on the fire when it comes to this, but the Republican National Committee just ended their winter meeting and locked in the official platform of the GOP.  Part of that is an illegal alien amnesty under the guise of a "guest worker" program.  This was pushed at the last minute by the White House and they sent Rove out to make sure that it passed because the natives were somewhat restless and they put forward a resolution essentially pointing out that illegal immigration was, you know, illegal and thus should be stopped.  George W. Bush wasn't having any of that.

Great.

So, in this next election cycle the Republicans will be trying to run as more liberal and stupid than the liberal and stupid Democrats.  Brilliant, just brilliant.  How many people will turn out to vote now that every time they have been threated with the line "Better vote for us or the liberals will get in" Bush's folks have been more liberal than the liberals running?  Think that they will sit on their hands this time?  I would say that this is pretty likely.

I really, really miss Reagan.

EDIT:

I wonder, having watched black people in Democratic Party politics in Texas for quite a few years, why no black activists (or not very many) are noting that if Bush's illegal alien amnesty goes through, that will be the end of any black political power in the US forever, from that point on.  Just curious about that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Charge the mother with:

You don't think she should be held responsible for the two kids deaths? I think she betrayed her kids...........

As far as the illegal goes, he will probably get a short sentence and be given amnesty when he gets out

No...

I was a boarder once...I lived with a mother and her 10 year old daughter for four years durring college. I helped her fix up her house, and gave her a few hundred extra a month.
This is a somewhat common practice in NJ.

She must have trusted this guy... Spanish speaking people are very common in NJ, some are illegal, and some are not. As far as I know, she was not obligated to check this guy's status.

Anyhow, the guy who did the murders is the responsible party. IMHO he should pay with his life.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We have several of them here. Fuckers don't use them though. Instead they loiter in parking lots and on corners.

Why not invest in another INS office? I just can't beleive what my state is doing to support this BS! Hell I voted for Bush, and I am sooooo pissed with how he is handeling this, it is like it he is all for it!! This is enough to make me become a Libertarian!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Charge the mother with:

No...

I was a boarder once...I lived with a mother and her 10 year old daughter for four years durring college. I helped her fix up her house, and gave her a few hundred extra a month.

She must have trusted this guy... Spanish speaking people are very common in NJ, some are illegal, and some are not. As far as I know, she was not obligated to check this guy's status.

Anyhow, the guy who did the murders is the responsible party. IMHO he should pay with his life.

This will continue to happen, he won't pay with his life, neither will the others like him, WE will pay for his life
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Is it legal to employ illegal aliens?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

No.  You are either committing tax fraud (income, FICA) or helping someone else commit tax fraud.  You are probably also committing workplace liability or worker's compensation insurance fraud, depending on the state.

EDIT:

Some people will say "well, the illegal alien is actually paying taxes on a TIN to set themselves up in case of an amnesty so I am not really committing tax fraud".  No, the illegal alien is not filing personal taxes, he is knowingly filing incorrect forms.  That is not a trivial issue, even if the money is all there.  And you are still on the hook for the worker's comp insurance issues.

EDIT:

Sorry -- I just noticed the NOR.  In the US, you pay income taxes.  Company taxes are seperate.  You have social security and medicare taxes as a small part of the overall tax load for personal taxes, and the company pays the same amount for each employee.  To cut the cost of insurance for workplaces, most states in the US have a public fund of money for people who have catastrophic accidents in the workplace (people will be treated in the case of an accident -- it is a common misconception with EU folks that Americans without insurance will not be treated at a hospital, but that is actually illegal -- and this fund helps defray the cost of this for smaller employers who may not be able to afford large amounts of insurance).

So, by employing someone without a work permit, you are not paying into a)personal income tax, b)company taxes (if any), c)personal and company social security and medical insurance taxes, d)the common workplace accident fund.  All of these things are against the law.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:33:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

No it is also not legal to...........

evade taxes
use forged ID
identity theft
hit-and-run
overcrowd houses
food service without license

but for some reason they don't get charged with those crimes very often

And, more effort should be aimed at stopping the forced child prostitution, they have found some in Houston
They need to get rid of the illegals because this type of activity is to horrendous to be tolerated
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:39:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I hate to throw some fuel on the fire when it comes to this, but the Republican National Committee just ended their winter meeting and locked in the official platform of the GOP.  Part of that is an illegal alien amnesty under the guise of a "guest worker" program.  This was pushed at the last minute by the White House and they sent Rove out to make sure that it passed because the natives were somewhat restless and they put forward a resolution essentially pointing out that illegal immigration was, you know, illegal and thus should be stopped.  George W. Bush wasn't having any of that.

Great.

So, in this next election cycle the Republicans will be trying to run as more liberal and stupid than the liberal and stupid Democrats.  Brilliant, just brilliant.  How many people will turn out to vote now that every time they have been threated with the line "Better vote for us or the liberals will get in" Bush's folks have been more liberal than the liberals running?  Think that they will sit on their hands this time?  I would say that this is pretty likely.

I really, really miss Reagan.

EDIT:

I wonder, having watched black people in Democratic Party politics in Texas for quite a few years, why no black activists (or not very many) are noting that if Bush's illegal alien amnesty goes through, that will be the end of any black political power in the US forever, from that point on.  Just curious about that.

But,but,but,if you vote for a third party,you are just throwing your vote away!

Sad story,the guy needs to fry,but I'm sure we'll be supporting him for the next 20-30 years.

Unless,the mexican gov. (and human rights groups) lobby to get him sent back to his country.

Free Tookie!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

In the state of Virginia if you hold a Class "A" contractor lic. an illegal alien does not meet the employee requirements required to retain the lic. But it dosen't matter, my company has a class "A" contracter lic. and I have screamed about it, the state dosen't care or enforce. My solution was that if a Class "A" contractor employed illegal's and was caught with them on a job site that they hane their lic. revoked. That would make too much sense though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Free Tookie!

He is free...........and the rest of the child raping\killing illegals need to join him
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the state of Virginia if you hold a Class "A" contractor lic. an illegal alien does not meet the employee requirements required to retain the lic. But it dosen't matter, my company has a class "A" contracter lic. and I have screamed about it, the state dosen't care or enforce. My solution was that if a Class "A" contractor employed illegal's and was caught with them on a job site that they hane their lic. revoked. That would make too much sense though.

In Texas, if that becomes a worker comp fraud or tax/payroll fraud issue, you are pretty much screwed for about five years.  For five years or more, any payroll or discrimination or misreporting issue will be assumed to be your fault and you will have to contest every decision.  You will also be audited over and over again, because the State of Texas and the IRS are very chatty.  Unfortunately, the State (under Governor Perry, who has been about as lively as Dolph Briscoe, without Dolph's strong moral courage under fire) (in other words, a classic Bush Republican) has had no real interest in busting anyone.  Perry even gave illegal aliens in-state tuition.  But the framework is in place for a strong response if we ever get a governor in who is interested in law enforcement.

EDIT:

For the non-Texans, Dolph Briscoe was largely famous for the parody of him in "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" and the fact that at one point he had to issue a press release denying that he had died and been buried in a secret ceremony.  He had gone back to his ranch without telling anyone and nobody but nobody could find him.  Yes, it was hunting season, but still.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

No but it happens every day, money talks, bullshit walks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:12:35 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Charge the mother with:

No...

This will continue to happen, he won't pay with his life, neither will the others like him, WE will pay for his life

You got that right
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#31]
This story was just on Fox
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top