Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 8:47:53 AM EDT
In my never ending quest to share unique and original music with fellow enthusiasts, I have what I belive to be a progressive jazz tribute to ARFCOM, written well before the web existed. I was digging through my collection, and found this near forgotten gem.

May I present, Fela Ransom-Kuti and the Africa '70 With Ginger Baker Live - Ye Ye De Smell. For impatient non-jazz listeners, skip to about 7 minutes into the song for some KICK-ASS drumming from my hero, Mr. Baker.

Normally, I'd not post something like this (DMCA and all), but this is soooo obscure, I hardly think anyone would bother raising an eyebrow. I'm not even sure you can still buy it. Have a listen:

Ye Ye De Smell

This is GOOD stuff. Audio ecstasy. Listen to it on a good system, it's worth it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#1]
yarr

good stuff
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:07:05 AM EDT
[#2]
It's perfect! Fela Ransome-Kuti is from Nigeria, which in Africa. The best pirates came from the Barbary Coast, which is right next to Nigeria. The Barbary Coast has the distinction of being the site of the first U.S. Marine action overseas (...to the shores of Tripoli). They even fought to end piracy on the part of the Barbary state. This is all tied up in one song with no lyrics, I swear.

And hey, it's Ginger Baker of Cream fame. I'm telling you, if I could tie zombies into this somehow, it would be perfect.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#3]
This is awesome!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top