Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 3:33:55 PM EDT
In the last few weeks I've gotten innundated with pre-recorded telemarketer calls on my cellphone. Was curious to know if this is even legal, or if there is something I can do about getting these a**holes to stop calling my cellphone?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#1]
tell them you are jerking off, and ask if they want to wait

or put your cell phone on the do not call list
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
tell them you are jerking off, and ask if they want to wait

Although I like the idea, I find it rather akward telling a pre-recorded message to hold on while I rub one out.....

Quoted:
or put your cell phone on the do not call list

Its been on the do not call list for over a year already. Fat lot of good that did!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:45:46 PM EDT
[#4]
The same damn thing has been happening to me. It really pisses me off because they are recordings and not real humans so you can bitch them out.....
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#5]
As I understand it, it's illegal to telemarket a cell phone.  Also, do they know who you are?  Or do they just ask for "the account holder" or something like that?  If they don't know who you are, they call it "Cold Calling".  That too is against the law.  

I had this problem too, because the first 3 digits of my cell are the same as one of the local residential prefixes.  First I asked if they knew who they are calling - he didn't - then I asked why they keep cold calling me on my cell phone. Then "Not only are you costing me money by using my cell minutes, but I'm driving on the interstate now and you're jeprodising my safety too".  

The calls immediatly stopped.

-K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top