Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 3:26:43 PM EDT
I have wondered about this for sometime.
I bought a new Carhartt coat before Christmas. I noticed it has snaps under the collar for a hood, so I went out and bought a hood for it.

While the hood is attached to the coat, there are other snaps that close the hood under the chin.

So that brings me to my question.
What the hell is the velcro on the side of the hood for? I just can't figure it out, and it's driving me nuts.

I even went to far as to email Carhartt, but never got a reply.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:58:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I may be thinking of a different Carhartt coat, but that velcro might be for a removable (fake) fur "ruff" around the edge of the hood.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a carhart jacket also.  I also have the snaps but have not been able to find the same color hood yet.  Don't have a clue what the velcro is for but I love the jacket!

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a super product alright.

I don't think it could be a ruffle, as there is no velcro on top.
The velcro is on the left, and right side. I thought maybe it was for some kind of face shield, or mask.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top