Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 8:55:30 AM EDT
I don't know if this is possible, but it is starting to get annoying. The person that last had our phone, apparently has some serious credit issues. So peroidically, either when she does it again, or when they resell her info, we get a slew of creditor calls. We have had this number for 6 years, so I don't want to get a new one.
Just wondering if there was some way to make it stop without having to call them all back.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#1]
not really

call them up and thell them it's an old number and you don't know the person.

the only way it can really be done.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:08:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the same problem with a cell phone I just got. The previouse owner had some seriouse issues. Most of the Creditors stopped calling after I told them it was no longer his number, but a few of them JUST WONT QUIT
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#3]
see the bottom of this page:

http://fair-debt-collection.com/searches/phone-calls.html
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Change your phone number?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Change your phone number?

"We have had this number for 6 years, so I don't want to get a new one."
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#6]
You are still getting calls six years later?

That's pretty f'ed up, right there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Check your local laws.  I had the same problem once and in that jurisdiction if the company had been informed their information was incorrect and continued to call it was harrassment.  I told them if they called back I would file charges.  They called back.  I called DA.  DA had a deputy call them.  Funny, they left me alone after that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks I don't know if it is the same company or not. Every once in a while,(lately it has been monthly,) I have to call one or two back and tell them that it isn't her number anymore. I guess I need to keep a log to see in a month if they call back.

I suppose if I were looking for money, I wouldn't believe the guy on the other end saying it isn't me, but you are right, for 6 years this has been happening. Heck even blockbuster has left messages for over due videos from this person. I wish there was a thing like mail forwarding so they would know they moved on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top