Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 7:31:51 AM EDT
I loved the first one. Has anyone seen part 2? Is it good? I'll be watching it tonight.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:32:23 AM EDT
[#1]
A tad over the top at times, but entertaining.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:34:32 AM EDT
[#2]

It requires a pretty stout suspension of disbelief in some scenes...

As entertainment, it's pretty good, though.

You can always tell when Luc Besson is involved in a project...the cinematography always has his fingerprints on it. Not as pronounced in this one as in the first one, but it's still there, fortunatly...

On an entertainment scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 7 or 8 or so.

On a gunplay/documentary scale, it gets a 3...some of it was just way out there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A tad over the top at times, but entertaining.

That's the way the commercials and trailers come across. I'll probably see it at some point.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:46:31 AM EDT
[#4]
A white Jackie Chan.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:49:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Netflix rating:  1 star out of 5

Cinematically, this movie was horrid.  The story suffers from being a disjointed compilation of fight scenes with very little (believable) reason for many of the plot threads that pervade the movie.  When a script is THIS unbelievable, you just have to shake your head and wonder why they couldn't hire a more competent writer.

The acting is acceptable.  I didn't notice any glaring instances of wooden delivery (e.g. Star Wars Ep 2) or strained performance (viz. Padme's attempt to cry in Star Wars Ep 3).  I was glad to see that they didn't bring back the leading lady from Transporter 1, because her expressiveness was about as convincing as a block of granite.  

Directing ... camera angles were okay, nothing to write home about.

Fight scenes ... again, a lot of unrealistic excuses to enter into meaningless hand-to-hand melee.  Not horrible, but not great either.

Again, 1 star out of 5 ... bad writing can really kill a movie.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:51:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I just rented it and thought it was good. I’d give it an 8, maybe 8.5? I really like the actor Jason Statham
and think he plays a good “spec ops” type roll. Some of the stunts are a bit over the top but the movie did keep me sitting up in my seat……ok, couch.

Worth renting, yes. Worth buying? Maybe at the right price.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:53:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I loved teh first one.

But some really fake as hell CGI scenes in the 2nd one made it a not so good movie IMO.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:54:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I loved the hottie blonde killer, very exotic.

I give it a C+.

And Jason's character is very likeable.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:58:06 AM EDT
[#9]
action sceens are fun, the blond is hot, but the movie sucked.... ungodly un-realistic,..
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:02:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes the Blonde is quite yummy!

The Helo exploding with a squirt of her FA glock was bad but I kept watching then I got to  the car flipping at the perfect moment and angle to allow the crane hook to snag the bomb from under the car was the point that sent me out of the room.

Glad I didn't spend money at the theaters
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:08:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:16:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Good for entertainment value.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:26:31 AM EDT
[#13]
It was chessy as hell..

and i liked it..

yup im confused myself..

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:27:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
One can avoid injury from full-auto gunfire by using an interior door as a ballistic shield.

Well, it was probably only 9mm.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:39:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Not as good as the first. The first was a bit over the top but not so much that it ruined the movie. Part 2 took suspension of disbelief to new heights and destroyed the experience, IMO. I enjoyed parts of it but will likely never watch it again.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#16]
someone feed that skinny skank a sandwich, please.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:55:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Not as good as the first. The first was a bit over the top but not so much that it ruined the movie. Part 2 took suspension of disbelief to new heights and destroyed the experience, IMO. I enjoyed parts of it but will likely never watch it again.

+1. I liked transporter 1, there weren't really any moments that broke your suspension of disbelief. It was a fun, had good acting, realistic fighting, and a simple and believable script. The second had none of these and was so unrealistic as to ruin the movie.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:41:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
someone feed that skinny skank a sandwich, please.

I wonder if she likes Manwich?

Hopefully these do not run afoul of the BOTD policy. Sorry in advance if it does.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, i finally saw it. Other than the hottie (Needs 10 lbs on her) with the guns, this movie sucked big time. I can't beleive how stupid it was. What a shame.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:18:08 AM EDT
[#20]
I didn't like it, that woman cheesed me off with cliched crappyness
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I just bought and watched the movie last night and all I have to say is -RAD-ICULOUS!

*** I think I liked it.***
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#22]
What is manwich?  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Its a little cheesy but the hot blonde and Amber Valetta make up for it
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Only saw the first one, I love Jason Statham.  He's so damn cool.

"You don't need your mouth to pee."
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:28:30 PM EDT
[#25]
not as good as Transporter 1, but good watch anyway if you liked the first 1.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:36:13 PM EDT
[#26]
A little hokie at times, but overall tolerable

the blonde is a skank

The milf is way HOTTER
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I liked the chicky-snack blond, but the rest was unrealistic even for a action movie thats supposed to be unrealistic. I wont see it at a theater, or the next noe either if they make it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Horrible.

One was good.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:01:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I agree with most of the other reviews given.  It's way Over-The-Top-Cheesy.  I liked the first one.  Jason Statham plays that role really well. The skinny blonde was skanky, but y'all say that like its a bad thing.      
I do agree, however, that the MILF was much hotter.

As for CGI, it has its place in a fantasy-type movie (ie: Matrix), but in what is supposed to be a "reality-based" action thriller, if the stunt cannot be done, DON'T FUCKING CGI IT!  If I have to see the equivalent of Tom Cruise being blown off the skid of an exploding helicopter, in a tunnel, onto the back of a speeding bullet train, one more time...!  I swear to God!  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#30]

I enjoyed it.

It was over-acted and unbelievable, with little plot.  But I'm no wine & cheese movie guy.  It had car chases, fighting, guns, and womenz... I was entertained.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:23:56 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
A white Jackie Chan.

That's the spot-on.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#32]
The first one was fun, but the second one SUCKED!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:43:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Transporter II was a disappointment, worse than the first one

it was almost predictable, the movie got cheesier

and the weird physco blond lady was a big turn off

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#34]
I loved the first one.  The second one was entertaining but not as good. I own both and hope there is a 3rd. Hopefully, they will place him back in Europe.  Jason's character has more of a European flare.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#35]
The first one was freacking great.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:24:57 PM EDT
[#36]
I saw this when it came out and wanted my money back because it was way off the cheesy meter. This movie made as much sense as the  80lb lingerie commando in it with runny mascara. I saw the first one and thought it sucked too. I bet this is the kind of crap stupid senators see and then start pushing for bans on 9mm guns because they can shoot down helicopters... Holly(crap)wood at its finest.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I saw this when it came out and wanted my money back because it was way off the cheesy meter. This movie made as much sense as the  80lb lingerie commando in it with runny mascara. I saw the first one and thought it sucked too. I bet this is the kind of crap stupid senators see and then start pushing for bans on 9mm guns because they can shoot down helicopters... Holly(crap)wood at its finest.

Geez, its just a movie.. Enjoy it for what it is.  Maybe you should just stay home and play with Tiddlywinks and watch the Disney channel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top