Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 4:44:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Pft . Only the tards that can't pick up the dime say that .
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:40:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats a sad story, but it is the fathers fault. When my son is out with us doing field work or harvest or whatever, I check and check and check and double check again to keep an eye on him. Heavy equipment is a cruel mistress, it WILL fuck you up if you have your head up your ass for even a second.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Man can you really pick up the dime? I have heard that saying a long time.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:03:47 PM EDT
[#4]
My father taught me how to drive a forklift when I was 8 or 9.  I knew they were not toys. Letting kids play like that was negligent. This is just really sad.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:38:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Doing dumb stuff with heavy equipment is pretty common.  At work we used to use loader buckets as work platforms, moving and stationary... Safe enough with the *right* operator.

...Watching guys hitch a ride on the side of a 40 ton rock truck underground, with maybe 3' of clearance on each side.... Even I went  ...Coworker standing on the forks of a zoomboom while the boom extended waaaaay out over 33 degree water... A coworker took a bath.  We did not have a boat because it might have tipped and someone gotten wet

But then, guys operating equipment for years may not know every thing about the machine.

One average working guy, a superior electrician, who ran a 25 ton Volvo 6x4 articulated truck for years thought the retarder was a dimmer switch for the lights.  Kinda funny why the dimmer never worked, or what those gages on the left were supposed to be for.  Hmmm.

On a loader, I found out there is an automatic function that lifts your bucket up to a dumping position.  Never heard of it before - pull the joystick on a 966 type loader - John Deer 644 - full to the right-down position and it will stay there.  I found it by lifting up rafters on a shed we were taking down.  I put the forks under the rafters three guys were cutting, and the forks kept moving up while 3 guys scrambled for something to hang onto as the roof, rafters, and 3 walls shattered.

Felt pretty humble during lunch.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:45:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I've done it with a quarter, never tried a dime though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:00:52 AM EDT
[#7]
People ride on the front of forklifts fairly regularly at my work.  It's dumb...but I've done it.  I definately wouldn't "play" around one with kids or anything.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:29:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've done it with a quarter, never tried a dime though.

Same trick . Smaller coin .

Listen when you are taking a brand new car out of a a few million dollar airplane you damn well better know what the hell you are doing .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top