Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 5:56:27 PM EDT
Deepak Chopra Cutlery  Isn't DC some New Age Goofball doctor?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#1]
don't be silly...  he's actually a New Age Goofball Ayurvedic Doctor...  

from Wikipedia

Deepak Chopra, M.D., (born 1947 in New Delhi, India) is a medical doctor and popular contemporary writer in the United States on spirituality, synchronicity, integrative medicine and Ayurveda. He claims Hinduism as his main influence, specifically the teachings of Vedanta and the Bhagavad Gita.

Chopra is a trained physician and was board-certified in internal medicine and endocrinology. He graduated from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in 1968, and after interning at a New Jersey hospital, trained for several more years at the Lahey Clinic in Burlington, Massachusetts and at the University of Virginia Hospital. He taught at Tufts and Boston University Schools of Medicine, became the chief of staff at the New England Memorial Hospital and established a large private practice. He subsequently became associated with the transcendental meditation movement, but later branched off on his own.

ETA:  but you're right - what a weird thing...  I second your wtf...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#2]
[Indian accent] With the third eye of Vishnu I located his 9th chakra and pierced it with the point of my Atko 11 Automatic Folder. [/Indian accent]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#3]
This is a totally different guy from Deepak Chopra the doctor. I met this guy at a gun show at the Cow Palace. Seemed like a nice enough guy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:23:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This is a totally different guy from Deepak Chopra the doctor. I met this guy at a gun show at the Cow Palace. Seemed like a nice enough guy.

I figured as much. I just thought it was funny.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I figured as much. I just thought it was funny.

Me too actually. When another vendor introduced me to Deepak the knife distributor, I had to ask him (later) if he was the Deepak Chopra. I had heard the name prior to that, but had no idea who he was.      
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#6]
It's so you can cut through his bullshit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top