Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 3:27:33 PM EDT
If you've been around for awhile, you know what I'm talking about. You see it here. Some (not all) police and "law and order at any cost" types advocating things like no-knock raids for drugs, Full auto bans, banning AP ammo, etc, in order to make the job of being a cop safer.

So what say you: Is it alright to ignore the constitution if it makes a cop's job safer? Would the founding fathers be ok with that?

How about if it makes anyone's job safer? Can we just ban anything we want in order to ensure safety, or are the police the only ones who deserve that level of protection?

Should we outlaw matches the ability to store flammable materials in your home, because it would make firefighters safer? You know, there may be a 'right to keep and bear arms', but there's no right to "keep and store paint thinner" in the constitution!

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTTBL
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:29:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sorry but when it comes down to the constitution and some people, constitution wins
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:29:19 PM EDT
[#3]
See sig line below.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Wake up!  Just about anybody gets a full no-knock SWAT team raid these days.

I saw on the news where they busted some local trash for posing as New Orleans refugees for the $5,000 debit cards -- you guessed it!  The SWAT team did a no-knock warrant service
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:32:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Clearly you want the terrorists to win, you traitor.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#6]
There's quite a few people that I would advocate having their job made as dangerous as possible...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I saw on the news where they busted some local trash for posing as New Orleans refugees for the $5,000 debit cards -- you guessed it!  The SWAT team did a no-knock warrant service

They have the toys, they have to demonstrate that they need them. Otherwise they won't get MORE toys in the future.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

in all fairness, they did get the right house at least
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:46:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I've posted my position on this issue several times.

Basically, when you put on the badge you are assuming a certain amount of risk. You should leave the house with the realization that you may not come home. We as a society did not draft you to do this job, and no one is holding your family hostage. You are a police officer because you chose to become a police officer. We appreciate what you are doing for us, but we shouldn't have to sacrifice our rights to make your job safer. If you cannot stomach the risk inherent in what you are doing, then go drive a bus or go work in a bank. We'll find someone else to be a cop.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#10]
in before dog splatter
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#11]
The Constitution of The United States of America seems to be the only legacy left of the true intent our forefathers had for us. When our leaders blatently ignore it, they undermine it's spirit. There are many/most of our leaders who should be hung for high treason for what they've done... This document IS America's essence.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:55:41 PM EDT
[#12]
If the constitution was followed more closely, this discussion would not be neccesary.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Who here has advocated Full auto and AP ammo bans?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Taggolini

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Something about trading Liberty for  illusionary Security.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top