Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 10:36:32 AM EDT
With 4.5 million Glocks in this country, if they were all in so much danger of kBing like so many people say, they'd be out of buisness.  Period end of story full stop.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I like G Locks
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Meh, the jokes are still funny.

Is there anybody here who seriously believes that Glocks are prone to blowing up in the shooter's hands?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh now, Dusty let's not bring common sense into this argument.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#4]
So the one that KB'd in a guy's hand at a local range a couple weeks ago doesn't count.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Why not?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Meh, the jokes are still funny.

Is there anybody here who seriously believes that Glocks are prone to blowing up in the shooter's hands?

there's a GD forum mod who does.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
With 4.5 million Glocks in this country, if they were all in so much danger of kBing like so many people say, they'd be out of buisness.  Period end of story full stop.

If Doctors killed as many people as people claimed they did, they'd be out of business.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#8]
You know you're only getting that because you're the resident Glock advocate.

There are so many of these advocacy things:

Windows vs. Macintosh
Windows vs. Linux
Glock vs. Real Guns
9mm vs. .45 ACP
5.56 vs. 7.62
F22 vs. Eurofighter Typhoon

yadda yadda yadda, the list goes on.

Go forth, be happy with your Glock.  Shoot in happiness and grace.  But don't come crying to me when your arm's off.

Cheers,

kk7sm
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#9]
STFU with the Glock kB threads, for fuck's sake.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:42:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

"Prone?"

No, I don't think so.

On rare occasion?  It seems that way.

I read a recent article in the local paper that said some PDs have replaced their Glocks because of KBs.  (Of course, no mention about age, wear, or maintenance).  The local chiefs were asked if they were going to get rid of the Glocks used by their departments and they said, "Nope.  We haven't had a problem."

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:43:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You know you're only getting that because you're the resident Glock advocate.

There are so many of these advocacy things:

Windows vs. Macintosh
Windows vs. Linux
Glock vs. Real Guns
9mm vs. .45 ACP
5.56 vs. 7.62
F22 vs. Eurofighter Typhoon

yadda yadda yadda, the list goes on.

Go forth, be happy with your Glock.  Shoot in happiness and grace. But don't come crying to me when your arm's off.
Cheers,

kk7sm

In todays age of sue, sue, sue.  If that actually happened more than once in a blue moon, and Glock couldn't proove it was the shooters fault, they'd out of buisness.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:44:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

No more than any other handgun.

Yes, I do believe Glocks have blown up in shooter's hands.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Prone?"

No, I don't think so.

On rare occasion?  It seems that way.

I read a recent article in the local paper that said some PDs have replaced their Glocks because of KBs.  (Of course, no mention about age, wear, or maintenance).  The local chiefs were asked if they were going to get rid of the Glocks used by their departments and they said, "Nope.  We haven't had a problem."

Exactly, any make can.  But I'd even defend Ruger and the 1911 people, (and the other good brands) and say that most of the time it's ammo or the shooters fault somehow.  I've had a hi point 9mm that did it.  It was the hi points fault,  It was in full battery, clear bore, factory ammo.  That's NOT a good brand.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#14]
There's no such thing as a simple fact on ARFCOM. If you make any claim whatsoever there will always be someone who will disagree and argue with you.

You could make the claim that the sky is blue and someone would argue that you were wrong.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You could make the claim that the sky is blue and someone would argue that you were wrong.

The sky "appears" blue.  It is actually colorless.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The sky "appears" blue.  It is actually colorless.

Thank you for making my point. You're honor, I rest my case!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
There's no such thing as a simple fact on ARFCOM. If you make any claim whatsoever there will always be someone who will disagree and argue with you.

Now, that's just not true.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:51:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
In todays age of sue, sue, sue.  If that actually happened more than once in a blue moon, and Glock couldn't proove it was the shooters fault, they'd out of buisness.  

Dude.

I'm joking.  If I believed this was a big issue, I wouldn't have shot Glocks.  I think it's a funny issue and that people get all wound up over it even makes it funnier.  Now, go laugh or something.  

I just don't like Glocks.  I really want to like them, but everything on them just feels wrong to me.  I'm sure they fit someone, but not for me.

Now, do I care if someone has a Glock?  Not really.  I don't care if people don't like what I shoot, either.  I just figure it's not right for them.

It's like I was telling someone the other day, here at the office, I'm responsible for some big-assed HP storage.  We also have EMC storage and Netapp storage.  Several petabytes of storage.  It's all over the place.  I explained the HP filled a niche, just like the EMC does, and the Netapp.  Glocks fill a niche, just like the 1911s and the Sigs do.

Now, don't come crying to me when your arm's off.

Cheers,

kk7sm
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude.

I'm joking.  If I believed this was a big issue, I wouldn't have shot Glocks.  I think it's a funny issue and that people get all wound up over it even makes it funnier.  Now, go laugh or something.  

I just don't like Glocks.  I really want to like them, but everything on them just feels wrong to me.  I'm sure they fit someone, but not for me.

Now, do I care if someone has a Glock?  Not really.  I don't care if people don't like what I shoot, either.  I just figure it's not right for them.

It's like I was telling someone the other day, here at the office, I'm responsible for some big-assed HP storage.  We also have EMC storage and Netapp storage.  Several petabytes of storage.  It's all over the place.  I explained the HP filled a niche, just like the EMC does, and the Netapp.  Glocks fill a niche, just like the 1911s and the Sigs do.

Now, don't come crying to me when your arm's off.

Cheers,

kk7sm

But if it does come off, my only response to the glock haters will be to run and bleed on them
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Okay, "Gunny"
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:54:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
But if it does come off, my only response to the glock haters will be to run and bleed on them

Keep your biohazards to yourself or I'll spray you down with Clorox.  I have some on my desk right now!  

Cheers,

kk7sm
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:14:04 AM EDT
[#22]
The Glock Kaboom thing seems to only happen in pairs. I believe it's a 'sympathetic Kaboom' phenomenon.

I saw a guy at the range shooting Glocks, one in each hand. They both Kaboomed on him at the same time!!

As they were identical, the Kabooms cancelled one another out! It was the damndest thing I ever saw!

If you shoot Glocks....just don't shoot 2 at a time very much! It could happen to you!

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The Glock Kaboom thing seems to only happen in pairs. I believe it's a 'sympathetic Kaboom' phenomenon.

I saw a guy at the range shooting Glocks, one in each hand. They both Kaboomed on him at the same time!!

As they were identical, the Kabooms cancelled one another out! It was the damndest thing I ever saw!

If you shoot Glocks....just don't shoot 2 at a time very much! It could happen to you!

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:37:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

But instead why don't you bring a total lack of understanding of Arfcom history, culture, and inside jokes into this 'argument'?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top