Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/11/2006 5:06:06 AM EDT
Green light given on Jan 6.  Time: 26 days and counting.

SPECIAL REPORT

Al Qaeda Video is 'Green Light' for Attack, Analyst Warns
By Sherrie Gossett
CNSNews.com Staff Writer
January 11, 2006

(CNSNews.com) - The recently released video message from al Qaeda's number two leader is part of a pattern that signals a countdown to a major terrorist attack within the next 30 days, warns a Washington D.C.-based analyst.

The new video was aired by the Qatar-based al-Jazeera satellite network on Jan. 6. In it Ayman al-Zawahiri portrays U.S. government discussion of troop withdrawal from Iraq as a victory for Islam.

"If your forces with all its aircraft, missiles, tanks and fleets are moaning, bleeding and looking for an escape from Iraq, then will the hypocrites, conspirators, infidels (the Iraqi government) resist what the 'greatest power in the world' has failed to resist?" al-Zawahiri asked.

But it is not the content of the video that is a sign of a possible imminent strike, said terrorism expert Christopher L. Brown. Instead, it is the timing of the video that is consistent with previous patterns. Brown, a researcher with a Washington think tank, has briefed members of Congress and senior administration officials on key threats, and he has prepared testimony and briefing materials for officials at the Department of Defense, State Department, CIA, National Security Council and the White House.

The pattern Brown observed is that each Zawahiri video appears to be part of a pair, with the second video followed by a significant attack within 30 days, outside of the major combat zones of Iraq and Afghanistan.

The videos released on Sept. 9 and Nov. 9, 2004, were the first "set" and were followed by the Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, bombings on Dec. 6, 2004. The second "set" of videos was released Feb. 20 and June 26, 2005, followed by the July 7 London bombings. A third set of videos was released Aug. 4 and Sept 1, 2005, followed by the bombings in Bali, Indonesia, on Oct. 1, 2005.....

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:10:23 AM EDT
[#1]
........it's Bush's fault!  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:23:20 AM EDT
[#2]
abcnews.go.com/WNT/Investigation/story?id=1499905

Surge in Sale of Disposable Cell Phones May Have Terror Link

Jan. 12, 2006 — Federal agents have launched an investigation into a surge in the purchase of large quantities of disposable cell phones by individuals from the Middle East and Pakistan, ABC News has learned.

The phones — which do not require purchasers to sign a contract or have a credit card — have many legitimate uses, and are popular with people who have bad credit or for use as emergency phones tucked away in glove compartments or tackle boxes. But since they can be difficult or impossible to track, law enforcement officials say the phones are widely used by criminal gangs and terrorists.

150 Phones in One Sale, 60 Phones in Another

The FBI is closely monitoring the potentially dangerous development, which came to light following recent large-quantity purchases in California and Texas, officials confirmed.

In one New Year's Eve transaction at a Target store in Hemet, Calif., 150 disposable tracfones were purchased. Suspicious store employees notified police, who called in the FBI, law enforcement sources said.

In an earlier incident, at a Wal-mart store in Midland, Texas, on December 18, six individuals attempted to buy about 60 of the phones until store clerks became suspicious and notified the police. A Wal-mart spokesperson confirmed the incident.

The Midland, Texas, police report dated December 18 and obtained by ABC News states: "Information obtained by MPD [Midland Police Department] dispatch personnel indicated that approximately six individuals of Middle-Eastern origin were attempting to purchase an unusually large quantity of tracfones (disposable cell phones with prepaid minutes attached)." At least one of the suspects was identified as being from Iraq and another from Pakistan, officials said.

"Upon the arrival of officers, suspects were observed moving away from the registers — appearing to evade detection while ridding themselves of the merchandise."

Other reports have come in from other cities, including Dallas, and from authorities in other states. Authorities in Pennsylvania, New York and other parts of Texas confirmed that they were alerted to the cases, and sources say other jurisdictions were also notified.....

....Police Report Identifies Terror Links

The Midland, Texas, arrest report police also identified the individuals as linked to a terror cell:

"Evasive responses provided by the subjects, coupled with actions observed by officers at the onset of the contact prompted the notification of local FBI officials to assist in the investigation," the report said. "Upon the arrival of special agents, and as a result of subsequent interviews, it was discovered that members of the group were linked to suspected terrorist cells stationed within the Metroplex.

Law enforcement officials have not elaborated on the information in the report or specified which terrorist group the individuals were allegedly linked to.

In addition, special agents reported that similar incidents centering on the large-scale purchases of tracfones had been reported throughout the nation — identifying individuals of Middle-Eastern descent as the purchasers."

ABC News is working to confirm the details in the police report.

"Upon conclusion of the initial investigation, three of the suspects were taken into custody on immigration violations, with one individual arrested for possession of marijuana — the drug having been discovered during the search of the group's vehicle. Also found within the green 2002 Kia van were additional cell phones, the total believed to be approximately 60."

FBI officials told ABC News that while the cases may wind up in the hands of Immigrations and Customs Enforcement, the FBI would benefit from any intelligence gleaned and would take the lead if a solid terrorist connection emerged.

Cell phone buying at the same time a second Al Qaeda video was released?  I hope I'm wrong but this is no coincidence.

Shok
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:44:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully the think tank guys are wrong, but we know it is coming eventually.

Most of the sheeple have gone back to sleep.

The Dow is over 11,000 just like Sept. 2001.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:52:34 AM EDT
[#4]
The most frightening part is that there is a possibiilty that Al Q has nukes.  The upside is that the USA is not the only target, for whatever that is worth.

The terrs have their own timetable, and there is the possibiilty that someone sees a pattern where one does not exist.  If I woke up tomorrow and saw a mushroom cloud on the distant horizon in the direction of DC, I would not be surprised.

Strange days, indeed.

Ops
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:53:09 AM EDT
[#5]
If you want advanced warning of a major terrorist attack, just get the titty bars and liquor stores to call in when there is an uptick in business from new muslim male customers.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:00:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Sept 11, 2001 = "9/11/01" aka "911"

June 06, 2006 = "6/6/06" aka  "666"

I'd keep an eye out THAT day for sure...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:02:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:05:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

you think so??
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:08:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:13:55 AM EDT
[#10]

"If your forces with all its aircraft, missiles, tanks and fleets are moaning, bleeding and looking for an escape from Iraq, then will the hypocrites, conspirators, infidels (the Iraqi government) resist what the 'greatest power in the world' has failed to resist?" al-Zawahiri asked.

This is what really sets me off.  Every fricking time the Dems cry about "bring our troops home" the enemy is listening.  They see us getting weaker and weaker at home, because of the traitors in the Democratic party.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:15:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you think so??

I heard someone saying that too..     I suggested tinfoil
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:18:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you think so??

I don't.
While I too, feel an attack is over due, Muslims and Easterners have no knowledge or, nor do they care about, the symbolism that we find in certain dates.
666 and 911 have no meaning in Islam or the Middle East.
Like Ops said "seeing patterns where there are none"
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:01:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Muslims is the devil!

IBTL
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:19:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Tag... so the guy in this thread was right!

Interesting. Tag for more info.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:27:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Anything less than deportation/ execution of these types is failure on our part.
Its all or nothing when dealing with these assholes.
50K + deaths here will finally cause us to become proactive and not reactive.
P.S. They can start with Berkely
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:31:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Ayman al-Zawahiri portrays U.S. government discussion of troop withdrawal from Iraq as a victory for Islam.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:34:18 AM EDT
[#17]
I, unlike some, think that the rage over 9/11 has not gone away. American's have simply done what they do best, shove all of that fear and rage down deep inside until the din of the bread and circuses drowns them out.

If we have another attack, I'm afraid all of that rage will suddenly boil to the surface. I would not want to be of middle eastern descent on that day.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:37:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I, unlike some, think that the rage over 9/11 has not gone away. American's have simply done what they do best, shove all of that fear and rage down deep inside until the din of the bread and circuses drowns them out.

If we have another attack, I'm afraid all of that rage will suddenly boil to the surface. I would not want to be of middle eastern descent on that day.

I don't mean this as an insult, but have you watched any news in the last 3 years?

The rage may not have gone away... but it's been redirected. At ourselves.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:45:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I disagree. The soccer moms and Joe Six-pack won't get off their fat asses and DO anything.
Most of these people can't even name their elected representatives. The news coverage
of a major terrorist attack is just looked at by them as an interruption of their soap operas
or NASCAR races. As long as it does not affect their weekly poker games, ladies night out, or little
Timmy's soccer game, they just don't care past the first day or so of coverage.

Just like 9/11 it will soon be forgotten by the sheeple. That is what is sad.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:46:11 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Hopefully the think tank guys are wrong, but we know it is coming eventually.

Most of the sheeple have gone back to sleep.

The Dow is over 11,000 just like Sept. 2001.

Ahh, blissfull ignorance of reality.

Ain't it grand?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:53:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Oh please, like they put that much thought into it.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:57:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is human nature to look for reason and rationality where there is none.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't mean this as an insult, but have you watched any news in the last 3 years?

My cave is nice...

Quoted:
The rage may not have gone away... but it's been redirected. At ourselves.  

This just proves my point: we have to be pissed at something all of the time. Where do you think that an AVERAGE American will place blame with another attack occurs? The talking heads will scream at the President, but Joe Sixpack will be ripping pissed at anything remotely middle eastern.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

... a major terrorist attack within the next ...

... Again? When are they ever gonna let up on all these attacks?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:57:13 PM EDT
[#25]

If we have another LARGE terrorist attack in the United States, my prediction is...Dearborn, Dearborn Heights and Detroit will burn. BIG TIME!

I haven't heard anything that I could go to the police about and report a crime, but I have it from a bunch of different people that if we have a nuke go off, those cities are surrounded by white boys ready to remove the muslims from this State and if it means burning them out, then that's what will happen.

So south eastern Michigan...if we get hit, you might want to have a BOB and/or personal weapon ready to defend yourself. Because, I am sure the shooting will hit the innocent as well as the guilty.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Well here's hoping all the terrorists will get bird flu and die.    
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Well here's hoping all the terrorists will get bird flufestering AIDS infested  boils and die.  And their whole family and all of their sympathisers too.  AND, I hope all of their mothers get brutally choke-fucked with the business end of a toilet plunger.

FIXED!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:16:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
If we have another LARGE terrorist attack in the United States, my prediction is...Dearborn, Dearborn Heights and Detroit will burn. BIG TIME!

I haven't heard anything that I could go to the police about and report a crime, but I have it from a bunch of different people that if we have a nuke go off, those cities are surrounded by white boys ready to remove the muslims from this State and if it means burning them out, then that's what will happen.

So south eastern Michigan...if we get hit, you might want to have a BOB and/or personal weapon ready to defend yourself. Because, I am sure the shooting will hit the innocent as well as the guilty.

C'mon man, that won't ever happen. i'm sorry but other than a couple of individuals, there will never, ever be an organized racial cleansing by white people in this country. White people don't have the balls or stomach for it.

also, i'm white and live in dearborn heights, please skip my house!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:44:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

C'mon man, that won't ever happen. i'm sorry but other than a couple of individuals, there will never, ever be an organized racial cleansing by white people in this country. White people don't have the balls or stomach for it.

Who said it would be organized?

And don't worry, I won't be taking part in it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I also talked to a guy who lives in a VERY muslim populated area and he said that every time there is a terrorist attack, the night before, a LOT of muslims go to the Mosques, leaving his neighborhood pretty quite. He said that he knows when there is going to be an terrorist event on TV, because the night before, it's pray time at the local Mosque.

He could be full of it, but I have known him for 20 years and he hasn't lied to me yet.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#31]
anyone who doesn't beleive that the majorityof the muslims in this country do not know when and where something is going to happen is a big of a dumb ass as ted kennedy
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Problem is I'm starting to feel like the idiots who don't care a lick about anything. WHY? Because we're NOT willing to do what is nessessary, so i  could care less, wake me up when y'all decide to do something about it. When we start to act like we did in WWII then maybe i'll get motivated. But right now it seems to be,no offence, but a Vietnam Quagmire. We have the ability to wipe 'em all out but instead we try to win "hearts and minds" and end up bunking down in green zones then going on patrol to play Wild weasel, only to step on an IED. How can you win a war like that? convince them that they are morally wrong? I say start in Basra then purge the whole country of ALL living humans not in US uniform. And NO we can't have HIWI's! that's the term from the eastern front for Russians who helped the Germans.  Get all of em then turn Iraq into Arizona Part II.  And as for US soil, we know what we gotta do. It will be ugly, nasty and brutish, but something has got to be done.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Problem is I'm starting to feel like the idiots who don't care a lick about anything. WHY? Because we're NOT willing to do what is nessessary, so i  could care less, wake me up when y'all decide to do something about it. When we start to act like we did in WWII then maybe i'll get motivated. But right now it seems to be,no offence, but a Vietnam Quagmire. We have the ability to wipe 'em all out but instead we try to win "hearts and minds" and end up bunking down in green zones then going on patrol to play Wild weasel, only to step on an IED. How can you win a war like that? convince them that they are morally wrong? I say start in Basra then purge the whole country of ALL living humans not in US uniform. And NO we can't have HIWI's! that's the term from the eastern front for Russians who helped the Germans.  Get all of em then turn Iraq into Arizona Part II.  And as for US soil, we know what we gotta do. It will be ugly, nasty and brutish, but something has got to be done.

IBTL
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:45:28 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

HUH
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:59:52 PM EDT
[#35]

T-stox quote:

IBTL

Hey hey hey, When i said "wipe'em all out" i meant all the terrorists! ya know what i mean jellybean? then you have to define who is a terrorist????

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Bump, any news?

I found some: analysis of the purchases, including this:

These purchasers are believed to be linked to a terrorist cell operating within the United States, according to counterterrorist sources.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:31:53 AM EDT
[#37]
bump

Interesting info.

I hope I'm not the only one trying to keep track of this.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:39:55 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Bump, any news?

These purchasers are believed to be linked to a terrorist cell operating within the United States, according to counterterrorist sources.

Better yet:

According to sources in the federal law enforcement community, reports are coming in from other cities, including Dallas, and from cops in other states.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:42:32 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bump, any news?

Better yet:

According to sources in the federal law enforcement community, reports are coming in from other cities, including Dallas, and from cops in other states.

Ack.

Make sure you all have your gas tanks topped off and food in the pantry by the end of the month, eh?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:46:52 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is human nature to look for reason and rationality where there is none.

to the point of irrationality!

so, anyone start a pool yet?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:54:58 AM EDT
[#41]
I lived in compton CA in 92 during the rodny king riots and I learned one thing...Im lootin this time, Im gunna git me a big screen and some nikes bitches!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:56:38 AM EDT
[#42]
From this link:

"Evasive responses provided by the subjects, coupled with actions observed by officers at the onset of the contact prompted the notification of local FBI officials to assist in the investigation,” the report said.

“Upon the arrival of special agents, and as a result of subsequent interviews, it was discovered that members of the group were linked to suspected terrorist cells stationed within the Metroplex.

(what does "Within the Metroplex mean?)
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Dearborn and Heights is like a whole other planet up there now...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:11:07 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Do you sometimes feel like a Jew in Hebron?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:12:10 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dearborn and Heights is like a whole other planet up there now...

Not only that but the Shoebat link has a video with an ex-terrorist from Dearborn that was recruited here in Michigan.

Edit: Another sucky thing is: the patterns the links we've seen show that an attack could happen within a month of the green light. What is happening - a couple miles from a HUGE middle eastern enclave - just over a month from the time the second video aired?

I'll give you a hintsky: It starts with an "S" and rhymes with "Muperbowl XL"  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:14:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Well, I hope the cops and feds are on the alert, but me personally, I think it's probably much ado about nothing.  The feds are paid to be paranoid and I am glad they are...but I don't have to be and I think it's probably nothing.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
From this link:

"Evasive responses provided by the subjects, coupled with actions observed by officers at the onset of the contact prompted the notification of local FBI officials to assist in the investigation,” the report said.

“Upon the arrival of special agents, and as a result of subsequent interviews, it was discovered that members of the group were linked to suspected terrorist cells stationed within the Metroplex.

Metroplex a nickname for  the Dallas/Ft.Worth/Arlington Metro area.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:15:44 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
From this link:

Metroplex a nickname for  the Dallas/Ft.Worth/Arlington Metro area.

Gotcha. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:21:32 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

There is going to have to be a whole lotta white boys, I think Dearborn has the highest concentration of muslims or Arab people in the country
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:24:12 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Edit: Another sucky thing is: the patterns the links we've seen show that an attack could happen within a month of the green light. What is happening - a couple miles from a HUGE middle eastern enclave - just over a month from the time the second video aired?

I'll give you a hintsky: It starts with an "S" and rhymes with "Muperbowl XL"  

You know, I used to believe that they wouldn't attack Detroit, because so many of them live there...but now I'm not so sure. If they did attack "Detroit", it would have to be downtown, because there are no neighborhoods, so to speak of, except a couple, left to attack in the city. Downtown or one of the Jewish parts of the burbs...like a synagogue maybe...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top