Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 12:01:27 PM EDT
Like these big companies don't make enough with millions and billions in proffit. Always some lame excuse to stick it to the consumer.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:08:32 PM EDT
[#1]
have you seen how much the prices of natural gas and coal have risen recently?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:08:41 PM EDT
[#2]
What lame excuse would that be?  Higher natural gas prices? They have to pay for that, you know.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#3]
If you haven't noticed, the cost of the product they buy and distribute is up. I'd bet their profit margin is slightly less than 10%.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Need to pay for all that hurricanne damage.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Utility Companies usually have a pretty shitty rate of return. AND they have to eat all the non pay deadbeat costs from people who have congress whining about how using something that cost money should be left on even if they don't pay. Don't like it, buy a generator and generate your own. Check the stock prices and revenues of large Utility companies, it's not as good as you think. Since transportation, fuel costs and smog/pollution costs have gone up who exactly should pay?

And I don't like it any better then you [higher costs], but without it, your life would be a miserable existance.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, it's always those rich folks sitting on their mountains of money.......
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I can understand the profit margin may be less than other big companies. But after this last year of higher prices from oil, gasoline, natural gas and now electricity, it's like who is next in line to get theirs?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:27:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I can understand the profit margin may be less than other big companies. But after this last year of higher prices from oil, gasoline, natural gas and now electricity, it's like who is next in line to get theirs?

Hopefully, WE THE EMPLOYEES.  

Welcome to the REAL INFLATION RATE.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't like it? Get a Boycott going and use 50% less electricity.

That will show them. You will also save 26% on youe bill compared to your old prices.

How to use less? Cold showers, Candles, cook on your gas grill.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Not! You'd still be paying for the gas to run the grill, and thats not cheap either.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:32:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not! You'd still be paying for the gas to run the grill, and thats not cheap either.

Yeah, but the ELECTRIC bill would be cheaper.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Get one of these
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:07:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I spend about 95% of my work days in powerplants. One of the plants I spend time in uses over 10 MILLION TONS OF COAL per year. Any increase in the price of coal will raise their cost quickly. Couple that with the cost of Government mandated pollution controls, you and I get higher bills. Another plant I have a project comming up is a small plant, their estimate for pollution control upgrades is 35 million. That figure is more than 4 years profit. They do have a choice, do the work, or shut down, or face 2 million per day in fines.
With no totaly new power plants (coal fired) brought online in 30 years the power companies don't have much choice.
And BTW did you know that all power plants are required by federal law to keep 60 days of fuel (at full output) on site? Thats a lot of investment in fuel.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Like these big companies don't make enough with millions and billions in proffit. Always some lame excuse to stick it to the consumer.

Those " millions and billions " of dollars that my company supposedly made will be used to rebuild our system that was devastated by the Hurricanes and Tropical Storms that we experienced .

Come take a ride with me and I'll show you some " lame excuses " . You ain't got a clue .
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

What a dumb post.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top