Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 6:59:15 AM EDT
Letter in PDF format

Would be VERY interesting if everyone here were to send it to their Senator's and have it read to him given his stance in the Alito hearings...
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:01:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Teddy believes in retroactive abortion - ask joan kopechne
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:01:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Leftists change their views all the time. They have no set moral values. Whatever is popular or trendy in their little circles during whatever given era...all the rest of them jump on the band wagon. Leftists are never reminded of their past stances. They leftist media never embarrasses their own with stuff like that.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Teddy believes in retroactive abortion - ask joan kopechne

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'll become pro-abortion if we can make it retroactive and start with ______. <----insert favorite person you love to hate here.
--------
ADD: not advocating any present violence.....just the invention of a time machine.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Credibility is a problem that runs rampant through the Democratic Party

www.gargaro.com/lifequotes.html

Bill Clinton, in a letter to Arkansas Right to Life, September 26, 1986
"I am opposed to abortion and to government funding of abortions. We should not spend state funds on abortions because so many people believe abortion is wrong."

======================================================================

Sen. Edward Kennedy, [D-Mass.], in a letter to a constituent, August 3, 1971
"While the deep concern of a woman bearing an unwanted child merits consideration and sympathy, it is my personal feeling that the legalization of abortion on demand is not in accordance with the value which our civilization places on human life. Wanted or unwanted, I believe that human life, even at its earliest stages, has certain rights which must be recognized -- the right to be born, the right to love, the right to grown old.

"I share the confidence of those who feel that America is working to care for its unwanted as well as wanted children, protecting particularly those who cannot protect themselves. I also share the opinions of those who do not accept abortion as a response to our society's problems -- an inadequate welfare system, unsatisfactory job training programs, and insufficient financial support for all its citizens.

"When history looks back to this era it should recognize this generation as one which cared about human beings enough to halt the practice of war, to provide a decent living for every family and to fulfill its responsibility to its children from the very moment of conception."

======================================================================

Al Gore
* During his tenure in the U.S. House (1977 to 1984) Gore voted pro-life 27 times and had a 84% pro-life voting record.

* In letters to a constituents, he wrote: "It is my deep personal conviction that abortion is wrong. I hope that some day we will see the current outrageously large number of abortions drop sharply." (Letters from Sept. 15, 1983, August 22, 1984, )

* In a May 26, 1987 letter to a constituent he wrote: "During my 11 years in congress, I have consistently opposed federal funding for abortions. In my opinion, it is wrong to spend federal funds for what is arguably taking of a human life. Let me assure you that I share your belief that innocent human life must be protected, and I am committed to furthering this goal."

=====================================================================
Rep. Richard Gephardt (D-Mo.)
"Life is the division of human cells, a process that begins with conception.... The [Supreme Court's abortion] ruling was unjust, and it is incumbent on the Congress to correct the injustice." Mr. Gephardt wrote in 1984, "I have always been supportive of pro-life legislation. I intend to remain steadfast on this issue.... I believe that the life of the unborn should be protected at all costs."
In 1987, however, Mr. Gephardt decided to run for president, and he soon announced that he had discontinued his support for pro-life legislation. Specifically, he informed the National Right to Life Committee, "I do not support any Constitutional Amendment pertaining to the legality of abortion."
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:26:06 AM EDT
[#5]
You can't be a major player in the Dem Party w/o supporting a women's right to kill.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:41:40 AM EDT
[#6]

My letter to Harkin (D) IA.

Dear Senator Harkin,

Please keep in mind Ted Kennedy's words while you consider Judge Alito for the supreme court.

"While the deep concern of a woman bearing an unwanted child merits consideration and sypathy, it is my personal feeling that the legalization of abortion on demand is not in accordance with the value which our civilization places on human life.  Wanted or unwanted, I believe that human life, even at its earliest stages, has certain rights which must be recognized - the right to be born, the right to love, the right to grow old."

http://www.catholicleague.org/05press_releases/quarter%203/KennedyLetter2.PDF

Thank you,

XXXX
    xxxx, Iowa

Shok
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:48:32 AM EDT
[#7]
becoming a murderer will do that to a person...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top