Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 12:16:02 AM EDT
I would like some opinions from you guys about this movie.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:38:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Haven't heard of it, is it worth watching?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:50:48 AM EDT
[#3]
heh, 3 documented threads...

ibtl!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:58:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Haven't heard of it, is it worth watching?

It's a romantic comedy starring Paris Hilton.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:05:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Munich is a remake of a made for TV movie from the 1980s called, 'The Sword of Gideon'.  While based on real events, the terror attacks at the Munich Olympics,  it is based on a novel and is a fictional account of an Israeli agent who is sent to assassinate the Arabs who orchastrated the attack.

I thought both were good movies.   They are study in the dicotomy of retribution/revenge and the moral and political price paid by an individual and government .
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:19:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Munich is a remake of a made for TV movie from the 1980s called, 'The Sword of Gideon'.  While based on real events, the terror attacks at the Munich Olympics,  it is based on a novel and is a fictional account of an Israeli agent who is sent to assassinate the Arabs who orchastrated the attack.

I thought both were good movies.   They are study in the dicotomy of retribution/revenge and the moral and political price paid by an individual and government .

No.

The movie is based on a discredited book about the events, not the movie "The Sword of Gideon"
That movie at least tried to get it right.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:22:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

The movie is based on a discredited book about the events, not the movie "The Sword of Gideon"
That movie at least tried to get it right.

Yeah, well, Sword of Gideon was okay. The thing I didn't like about it was it had the Israelis feeling guilty about going after the terrorists and killing them. I think that had more to do with some kind of movie-makers agenda than reality. That's also the problem with Munich. Real professional soldiers do not feel bad about killing monsters who do and plan stuff like that.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:28:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Should of had more T&A
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top