Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 12:28:52 PM EDT
Okay, here's the deal.  I have used M4s for years for work and I like them a lot.  Now I want to build my own (and more than one).  The problem is I already have a money consuming hobby that comes in the form of a 1967 Mustang.  I have had this car for eight years and I'm not terribly thrilled about the prospect of selling it.  But if I want to start building up my gun collection something has to give.  Wife will support either/or but I can't justify both.  So, do I stick with my one AR (build in progress) and Kimber .45 and keep the car?  Or do I sell the car to make room/divert funds for multiple ARs/1911s?  My head hurts trying to decide...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate fords. Can i shoot it, wanna try out a TC Encore when it gets here.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Why build up your gun collection?

Do you consider yourself a 'collector', or do you view weapons as tools?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#3]
My answer is obvious and serious--Keep both.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:43:52 PM EDT
[#4]
keep both and build your armory of freedom a little at a time .  Thats what most folks do.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:46:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Why build up your gun collection?

Do you consider yourself a 'collector', or do you view weapons as tools?

Guns are tools for the most part.  I don't consider myself a "collector" in the sense that I desire to have a bunch of guns that don't ever get used.  All my guns get used whether it's for hunting, target shooting, or personal defense/CCW.  But I would like to add some new ones to my existing few.  A Caspian 1911, my current project carbine AR, long range AR in 6.8 for hunting, new home defense shotgun, storage for all...you can see where I'm going with this.  Different tools for different jobs/moods.  Maybe the bug just bit me hard and I need to relax for a little while.  Guess we'll see.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:49:06 PM EDT
[#6]
sell everything
get beanie babies
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:53:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I hate fords. Can i shoot it, wanna try out a TC Encore when it gets here.hr

Uh, no...
However, when I get back to the States I will point you in the direction of the local "import" crowd.  I'm sure a lot of the neon colored, unmuffled weed-eater sounding, wannabe race cars would benefit from being put out of their collective misery...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Keep the car.  After you get it built the way you want, and I realise that the moment you finish doing that you'll want to change it again unless it's a pure restoration, start on your gun collection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top