Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2001 6:05:09 PM EDT
Been redoing my web page now that I got a digital camera, behold one of the few scanned pictures that will remain on my site while most all the rest are ditched for better resolution digital pictures.

I warned you guys about a week ago that I've been busy painting,
[url]http://home.bak.rr.com/varmintcong/AR10A4od.jpg[/url]

The main site for those of you don't know is located here, [url]http://home.bak.rr.com/varmintcong/main.html[/url]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#1]
So,  this is a picture of.....leaves?  Dirt?
What are you showing us here?
I don't get it.
[;)]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 12:00:07 AM EDT
[#2]
hehe, yeah

Here's what my Bushmaster 20inch A3 looks like now, I wanted a rifle that blended in with my 3 color BDUs so that I could walk the fields squirrel shooting and not worry about my rifle's "blackness" giving away it's identity due to the distinct silouette.    Remember, I'm in the occupied state of california.   Now they've got to get within 30 yards or so before they can tell if I've even got a rifle at all if I'm just carrying it in the slung position and haven't been firing, and if they do hear me firing then they likely will just assume that it's a bolt action that I've got.

[url]http://home.bak.rr.com/varmintcong/AR15camor.jpg[/url]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Uhm...Uglygun,

I think that you are overrating a squirrels IQ or you have been breathing in too many paint fumes.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#4]
ROTFLMFAO!

No no, it's not for the squirrels.   It's so that people driving by in their cars or happen to see me from the road side/hill side won't be able to identify what I'm shooting, by "they" I meant people.    It's so politically incorrect to use a "non sporting" rifle for a sporting purpose that I figured I'd make it all that harder for people to figure out what I'm shooting just by it's "blackness" and the distinct silouette.   Now?   They've got to commit to getting REAL close to tell what I'm carrying over my shoulder or in my hands and by that time I should know that they are in the area and that they are expressing an interest in what I'm doing.    To me it's better than being out walking a farm field somewhat close to a fence line and have some Rosie-O do gooder type turning me in for having an "evil" rifle while out in a semi-public area even though it's private property.

But yeah, paint fumes are great.

And something strange just happened, the entire host crashed earlier today and they reverted my web page BACK to it's old format.   Now I've gotta go and UPLOAD EVERYTHING ALL OVER AGAIN!   That's why the pictures stopped working all of a sudden.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top