Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 11:15:28 AM EDT
I am looking for a program to add lettering and arrows pointing to things to photos for work. I need something that easy to use, short learning curve. I don't need alot of bells & whistles. Presently I have a very old (10+ yrs) version of Photoshop. Its not very handy. What does everyone here use to add writing & such to the photos they post here? Thanks zeek
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:32:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Well GIMP is not too bad once you get the hang of things (WinGIMP for Windows users) and the price is unbeatable. It can do raster & vector graphics and can do quite a few of the things that Photoshop can, and saves in gif, png, jpeg, eps, psd +other formats. All you have to do is download it; all up it's about 11 megs to download (WinGIMP program + GTK package).

All my paid-for software is getting rather old; I have Paint Shop Pro 7 and Photoshop 7 - both about four years old now. Of those two, I prefer Paint Shop Pro for quick jobs, but it can't handle the big file sizes or complex stuff that Photoshop can.
.....Photoshop still costs a bundle, but I saw the current verison of (Corel's) Paint Shop Pro on sale after Christmas at a local retailer for $60 after rebates, normally it's around $90.
~
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Drop the photo into Paint, and draw your arrows.

It's already in your computer, Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Top Top